1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured Going to the, ahem, ...HORSE Auction tomorrow.........

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by manesntails, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

Threads like these make me happy I am in Alaska and far, far away from auctions. :help: I would be bringing animals home every week omg. :whistle::rofl:

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I have bunches of pictures taken of horses in the ring. I have to take them to photobucket to enhance them. The lighting was bad and I have a crappy camera so they need some tweaking.

I'ma gonna start a new thread tomorrow on the Auction with a bunch of pictures.

Lemme tell ya: 7-800 PEOPLE~!! It was packed~!! People came from four states and the horses started at 7 and didn't get over with until well after 1am~!! Lots of no-sales, though but there were MULES, and DONKEYS and lots of SADDLEBREDS, and other Saddle Horses, a few QH and paints. Lots of them registered. Some Ponies, some minis, some Drafts. You name it.

Anddd, they had a whole FIELD of donkeys and horses that were not going to sell here, they were shipping them somewhere else to sell. So, the auction had a total of 400+ horses either in this sale, or going to another one.

There was a goat, sheep, pig and cattle auction previous to the horses. It started at 12 with goats. HUNDREDS of goats of all ages, breeds and sizes. From Barbados Sheep to Dorper, Boer to mini Nubian and then the pigs. With or without waddles.........take your pick: sows, boars, piglets, roasters, and a few wild boar cross hogs.

I tellya, it was Livestock animal lovers Heaven.

Look for my Auction thread tomorrow. (y)

equinitis, frisco17, CheyAut and 6 others like this.
  3. manesntails

And N~oooooo.

I did NOT buy anything. But if'n I had an extra 600 bucks, I would have brought home a solid brown with white nose, weanling Jenny donkey that went for $560 bucks~!! :faint:

Dream27, equinitis, Varisha and 5 others like this.
  4. pamnbam

pamnbam Senior Member

I'm too chicken to go to an auction...no clue what to do and I wouldn't want to make a mistake and bring home the wrong thing. But if I did go, I'd love to go with @manesntails so I could learn a thing or two about the process and maybe take home a new horse!

CheyAut and manesntails like this.
  5. manesntails

I'd love to take a whole slew of members with me to auction. Ya'll need so badly to know how to buy there. I got eight years of auction college from my Uncle and don't have a way to pass it on from here. Some things you just have to be shown.

6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I've never been to an auction where the lighting was good for photos. Inconsistent is at best. Looking forward to seeing those heightened ones. Wow, it was busy-!!

manesntails likes this.
  7. Binca

Binca Senior Member

I have never been to an auction. Don't get much round here except the Magic Million youngstock sales. I have never been to one so not sure what they are like. Interstate there are the huge Echuca sales. I half want to go one day out of interest, but at the same time I know I will see things I don't want to see which will be the hard part.

I am looking forward to seeing all your photos manes!

manesntails likes this.