Going horseless

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by FatherofSarge, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Good, that's a happy place then. I'm sorry your health is gone down, but you can still take lessons to get your horse fix. I know it's not the same.. thinking of you. I still find it hard to accept, but my body reminds me frequently.

I filled a niche on Pinterest when I ran across it too with horses, it gives me a lot of stress free fun. There's always something to be thankful for. (((Hugs))) to you trooper.

FatherofSarge and ginster like this.
  2. FatherofSarge

FatherofSarge Full Member

She called me and wants to move the date up to July 9th. She will be keeping the horses at her neighbor's until her place is ready. I'm sure that theyare a great fit for Sarge and Ms T so I said yes. 20180615_160655-1.jpg

3. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Bittersweet. :heartbeat:

4. Alsosusieq2

So, you've a little more time with them. Happy for you. :)

5. StraightandTrue

StraightandTrue Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear about your declining health. Is there some way you can still stay involved in the horse community so you don't feel completely cut off? Pencilling at dressage days, helping out at the local pony club, something horse related but not too physically demanding?

If you think that will only be rubbing salt in the wound, perhaps it's time to explore a new activity or hobby that is within your physical capabilities. Painting, drawing, writing, wood working... there are lots of different hobbies out there that will challenge you. Who knows, you may even discover a new passion.

6. FatherofSarge

FatherofSarge Full Member

I do still draw. It takes me forever to finish. Here is an example of my work.

FB_IMG_1501011613561.jpg

7. Alsosusieq2

You are talented. I'd actually hang that and I'm serious. I know it's not Picasso, but who wants a sketch from them of horses? Well, I'd love to find one to sell, but don't really appreciate their work.

Beautiful

FatherofSarge likes this.
  8. peg4x4

peg4x4 Senior Member

There with you,no horse,no cow,no dog,no land to wander over. I have 2 cats and a small house that has good plumbing,AC and a roof that doesn't leak. Library a block away..

9. StraightandTrue

StraightandTrue Senior Member

This is beautiful! Perhaps this is an opportunity for you to focus a little more on your artwork and getting more projects finished?

10. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

If Manes can do it, anyone can :p lol

Alsosusieq2 likes this.