Gifts for my Bosses...

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by SparkleDust, Nov 12, 2017.

1. SparkleDust

SparkleDust Senior Member

So, my bosses are very important to me. I've been their apprentice for nearly a year now, and they've been so generous to me. I want to get them something nice for Christmas, but I'm having trouble!

They are THE definition of grateful for little. They don't need nor really care for excessive material gain; anything they don't see a need for they give away. Seriously, us volunteers ended up with most their Christmas gifts last year not because they didn't appreciate the thought, but because they don't see a reason why they need it.

However, if it's something they could use they are very appreciative & they hang onto it forever. It's finding something they won't give away that's the challenge :rofl:

They've been in the horse business for 15 years so they've got an abundance of tack. No real need there. The wife loves boots, but someone just gave her a new pair (and she tried to give them to me :eek:).

I've thought of a cute fly mask- one of the horses destroyed his last year. Or possibly a coupon to a nice restaurant... except they live in the goonies, so not really any around :p. Husband is diabetic so no home-cooked sweets. Possibly a donation since they own a rescue.

I'm drawing a blank! Any input would be much appreciated :)

2. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Gift certificate to feed store.
    I nice fruit and cheese basket
    That's all I got.

SparkleDust likes this.
  3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Donation in their name to a charitable organization? A food bank or an animal shelter?

SparkleDust likes this.
  4. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

Can you organize a night out for them? Do like a movie night followed by dinner, something they likely wouldn't spend on themselves.

Or perhaps get a pro photographer out to shoot pictures of their horses and frame some for them?

SparkleDust and Larkspade like this.
  5. Binca

Binca Senior Member

How about a donation in their name and a small gift basket with things you know they eat? Perhaps a magazine they like which they could read and then move on? Or if they like gardening perhaps some herbs or something else edible they could grow and a nice pot to plant it in?

SparkleDust likes this.
  6. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

If they have a rescue, I bet a donation to said rescue would be a lovely gesture. There's never enough money to rub together when it comes to animal rescue. That way, it's not technically to them (so they won't try to give it away) and it benefits something very near and dear to them. Win win for the people who aren't materialistic!

SparkleDust and Larkspade like this.
  7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Would they appreciate a day off where you and other staff/volunteers take care of everything?
    Otherwise I´d go with something like a donation to their rescue or maybe a balance at the store where they get their feed?

SparkleDust likes this.
  8. SparkleDust

SparkleDust Senior Member

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I think I will get them a balance for the livestock store. We are always going through feed/shavings. Wonderful input from everyone!

ginster likes this.