Gift ideas for a new mum

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Loona, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Loona

Loona Full Member

My friend who I although work with had her baby a few days ago. A lot of people from work gave money for a present for her.
    Do you have any ideas? She has a lot of stuff from her sister, so things like clothes, toys and stuff are not necessary.
    To all the mums: what did you get, things you liked, things you didn't like?
    Maybe something like a baby photoshot?
    We have a budget of about 250.

2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

You're in Germany, right? Get her a gift card from DM or something. Lots of money will be put to diapers, baby shampoo, lotion, etc...all the new parents I know were always more than happy to receive gif t cards or money.
    Get a gift basket with some essentials, add the cards, voila.

Loona and manesntails like this.
  3. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

If she is going to feed formula there is a machine called the Baby Brezza, it is a life saver. It keeps water at the perfect temp and it takes seconds to make a bottle. Because you dont need to shake it, it cuts down on the baby being gassy.

Besides that, gift cards and some stuff for the mom and dad. Like a card for her and the dad to do a date night, just stuff for them to enjoy and help relax would be my go to.

Loona likes this.
  4. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

Give her the money. You simply can't know what she may want or need.

Loona and manesntails like this.
  5. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I was going to mention the Baby Brezza too. It's on my registry list. :D
    Otherwise diapers and wipes. If she is going to breastfeed and if you feel comfortable giving her something like this... you could always do some breast pads and nipple ointment. Sounds weird, but I hear they are a life saver for breastfeeding moms. Or even a nursing tank/shirt. They are kind of pricey sometimes so I know I'd be excited to get one.

I like ginster's idea. A cute basket with some diapers and wipes and lotions or something like that and a gift card so that she can pick out what she wants.

ginster and Loona like this.
  6. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

They are super handy! We noticed a huge difference in how gassy he was as soon as we started using it! Plus they are so easy to clean

NBChoice likes this.
  7. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

A massage.

Oaks, Puddincup, NBChoice and 2 others like this.
  8. Loona

Loona Full Member

Thank you so much, those are wonderful ideas. I think I will do something like that:
    I although love the idea of nursing shirt.
    And maybe something that is just for her and not for the baby. She had some hard days, baby was born 8 weeks early and they are both at the hospital. Will be there for another 4 weeks. Fortunately the baby is very healthy considering it is so tiny. She was only 3.3 lbs when she was born.

NBChoice and ginster like this.
  9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Do they have services that deliver meals to the door there? Gift card for a place that you can ring and they will bring food, I would have loved that.

Loona and reicheru like this.
  10. Loona

Loona Full Member

Thats a good idea @mooselady . I will call some restaurants in the town if they deliver.
    Maybe get her someone to clean the house as well.

ginster and mooselady like this.