Gift for a coming 1yo boy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, May 19, 2018.

1. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

I'm also a giver of books.

Maybe a couple books for him and a one for mom?
    There's a few really funny mom books on Amazon. They seem like children's books, but contain obscenities. One is called, "Go the F to Sleep," another is, "If You Give Mommy a Glass of Wine." I think they're hilarious, maybe not everyone's cup of tea though :rofl: I feel better giving gifts to littles when I throw in something for mom as well.

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Books are always great. Depends on sis's sense of humour on those, mine would have loved it.

cschattner likes this.
  3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Mother Goose Fairy Tales. She can use it for all the kids, then pass it down. It's full of rhymes that kids love. That and Dr. Seuze (I never could spell that) books, again, because they rhyme. Itty bitty kids don't get the story yet, but the rhymes draw their attention. Later, they can read them themself and get even more enjoyment out of them.

cschattner and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. froglander

froglander Senior Member

My go to toys for my nieces and nephews are books and legos. They are past a year old now though. Wooden block puzzles were another thing they seemed to like when younger, but guessing 1 is still a bit young for that (I don’t have kids so haven’t paid as much attention to toys by age)

5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

You cannot go wrong with those choices ever..absolutely classic.

6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I wouldn't go with clothes since kids grow out of them so fast!
    A plush toy or a book to read to him would be my choice.
    Peter Rabbit, the Velveteen Rabbit (though its message is a bit questionable to me)...or you can go with my all-time favourite: The Neverending Story. Maybe not suitable for a one year old but it is the first book I can remember my mother reading to me.
    Janosch has written amazing children's books. The trip to Panama, A letter for Tiger, Little Tiger, get well soon, The treasure-hunting trip...

Alsosusieq2 and cschattner like this.
  7. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Go the F to sleep is on my list now.
    Lego's most likely not for a while since he is still in the put everything in his mouth stage and legos are small.
    I remember a book when I was little but I can remember the name. I think it was "the little otter and the star" I have not seen it recently so I might have to dig it out of the storage containers at my dads, if its still there. Blocks are puppets are a good one.

Alsosusieq2 and Peanut Palomino like this.
  8. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Oh jeez I didn't even realize I did that.
    I am with you there. They live a plane ride away so I am not around them constantly, I love my nephew but ya I dont need any kids.

Alsosusieq2 and JStorry like this.
  9. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

wood puzzles, my kids all loved the David Shannon " David" Board books. Duplo Blocks,

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

Megablocks, they are like giant leggos. My friend had them for her boys and the one was about a year old and he loved them.

Stuffed animals, if you get a book on say horses find a stuffy that looks like a horse in the book. I found it can help engage the kids more and gives them something to cuddle