Funny/bad sale ads

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by TheJazzPony, Apr 9, 2011.

1. BWWC

BWWC Full Member

I once saw a craigslist sale ad trying to sell a young llama as a green horse project. I lost many brain cells that day.

AllyMae and Varisha like this.
  2. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

I've always wanted a riding llama :rofl:

3. prairiesongks

prairiesongks Senior Member

Are mini yaks close enough to llama for you @chy3792? We have a couple who keep us laughing----the actually look like little horses since they shed out!

4. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

I have stolen rides on standard cows, I think a mini yak would be similar. I think pics are necessary!

5. BossMare16

BossMare16 Senior Member

I'm looking to trade my 15hh 8 year old Strawberry Roan Mare for a well broke 15hh gelding trail horse!!

The good things about this horse**
    Shes sweet as sugar
    She's beautiful...
    She loves kids

The not so good things!!
    SHE REARS FROM TIME TO TIME
    SHE NEEDS SOME WORK
    MY KIDS HAVE RODE HER WITH NO PROBLEMS BUT SHE DOESNT LIKE TO BE TOLD WHAT TO DO
    SHE WILL MAKE A GREAT PROJECT FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS THE TIME AND EFFORT TO PUT INTO HER AS I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME WITH THE KIDS AND A PREEMIE!!

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This lady wants to trade a "sweet, beautiful, child loving" rearing, rusty, stubborn, disrespectful, project horse for a well broke, well trained horse. And she calls her clearly bay mare "strawberry roan". Gonna say that horse isn't going to be traded in for anything good. o_O

6. apndi

apndi Senior Member

I like browsing craigslist even though I'm not looking to buy a new horse, because the ads are so entertaining, and I like seeing what the horse market is like in my area. I just saw an ad with the title "mexican quarter horse." The picture was of a donkey. All the description said was: tame but not broke to ride, has no paperwork, only understands spanish.

:rofl: Pretty sure it's just a joke but it's still funny either way.

"Kody is a 12 year old 15hh Dunalino gelding. He is a cross between a Red Dunn and a Palomino Quarter Horse. He is Palomino in color with a dark dorsal stripe and some shading on his legs, face and shoulders. He has a white star and snip on his face with a white mane and tail. Kody has had only two owners in his life. He grew up with his first owner who did some amazing and fun training with him. For instance, he will spin on his hind feet as fast or slow as you want and will ride bareback. He will move his hind quarters right or left and do the same with his front legs." ---> not the entire ad but you get the gist. They have him priced at $3900...a bit much imo. I also never understood the people that ramble on and on about the color...just post a pic and go...I thought it was kind of funny how they wrote the ad, it's obvious they're fairly new to horses, what with the spinning and moving hindquarters and stuff. Regardless, it's not the worst ad ever, they had pictures and he's a nice looking horse, they took good care of him. I just thought it was kind of funny and cute.

This one isn't horse-related but I once saw a craigslist ad for a "cat snake" that someone had found. The picture was of a ferret.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. AllyMae

AllyMae Senior Member

I see these a lot on the local horse/tack sale groups on facebook. This isn't the worst but you guys get the idea. Pretty careless breeding IMO.

Attached Files:

8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Cat snake - that's priceless. I saw on Wheel of Fortune the 2 part answer being "something and Bearcat". Ticked me off. I thought they'd lost their mind till a few weeks later, I saw a photo of a bearcat. Crimeny are they scary ugly, and real -!!

apndi likes this.
  9. peg4x4

peg4x4 Senior Member

6a010535647bf3970b016765cbf839970b-500wi.jpg These guys? They're funny and smell like popcorn.. This is a baby.

AllyMae and VermilionStrife like this.
  10. apndi

apndi Senior Member

Awww, I think they're cute...but then again, I think literally everything is cute..

Alsosusieq2 and AllyMae like this.