Funniest Thing a Non-Horse Person Has Ever Said To You

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by Orbit1263, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Pepper&Justan

Pepper&Justan Full Member

Haha! Here's one of mine (I ride english):Why do you have ugly yellow tights on? And those black shoes dont go at all. (I had to wear to school to ride my horse after.)

2. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

This one has been driving me nuts. I take care of my sister's horse (she got her when we were kids--almost 16 years ago--because I begged her since I had my first horse as well and wanted to do something fun with my sister)...she and my family are VERY non-horsey. Her horse is a total witch and the worst herd bound horse I've ever seen. If I so much as take the trailer (empty) somewhere, she is whinnying and pacing and just a complete mess. Same thing if I take a horse somewhere or even take someone out of their pasture (she's in a separate pasture since she's and evil spawn of the devil and I don't want my show horses maimed for life). I tried explaining this to my sister/mom...and instead of getting the reaction I was going for--"Oh wow, I'm so sorry, that's so horrible, what a jerk she is!"...I get "Ohhh she's so cute and funny. What a little protector and watch horse she is. She's always been so smart and attentive to everything".

Uh no. She's a total jerk who has no respect for people or horses and I would love to not have to deal with her. Even my boyfriend, who raises speed bred horses and some can be pretty wild, did the :eek: when he saw this horse.

3. Pepper&Justan

4. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Speaking of hibernating horses... my nephew thinks horses hibernate because we told him they sleep all winter and only come out when the weather is nice. That's the only way we were able to keep him from begging to see my horses all winter long when it's -40. He always asks me now, "Aunty, are your horses awake yet?"

"No, buddy. Not until April."
    "Oh, okay. They'll be really well rested, won't they?"
    "They sure will be."

5. Pepper&Justan