Funniest Thing a Non-Horse Person Has Ever Said To You

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by Orbit1263, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Zimalia

Zimalia Senior Member

For those that don't know, I just recently got my stallion back in my life. It was not my choice the way things went, just so you know. But anyway, he and a gelding by him are in bad need of being trimmed. Farrier is coming in the morning. But, a non horseman told me that if they can walk on their own, they can be rode. I disagreed.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Idk why but some don't realize stallion, mare and gelding represent their sex. You find out right off the bat on that. This was just reading and the author noted the spirited stallion and then noted how she nuzzled her foal. If ya gonna write a book and research, do it.. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Varisha likes this.
  3. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

calling a cutting horse competition a exploitation of animals, when the horses don't of course have to and will do it in fields without a rider.
    And the fact cows deal with stuff like it regularly, if not a horse cutting them a four wheeler.

4. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

How about what a non-horse-person DID?

I took my husband with me to my last show and asked him to record my ride on my phone for me. It was a two horse class. He recorded the other rider. She was wearing black, I was wearing navy... her horse was chestnut with chrome, mine is bay with no chrome. He didn't realize his mistake until after the class.

They won. o_O

AllyMae, Varisha, BossMare16 and 4 others like this.
  5. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Hahahaha that's too funny. At least you got to see what the competition looked like I guess???

6. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Senior Member

''Where do you store your horse?" As if he was an object.
    Yeah, I put him in a storage locker and come to ride him every couple months. o_O

Varisha, Binca, Sam C. and 3 others like this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Now we are onto something, the hibernating horse, just put him into storage when the weather is bad, none of this messing about with frozen water, changing blankets and all that carp.

AllyMae, Varisha, Binca and 2 others like this.
  8. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

Spoiler alert: better than me.

We won our second class (honestly not sure how, it wasn't our best ride, so either the judge wasn't watching our flubs or the other horse made mistakes I didn't see...) but he was bored and went home. At least there was a photographer so I can buy a picture! Just have to choose which one... I know it's about the horse but I am SO unphotogenic!

Varisha, Sam C. and NBChoice like this.
  9. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I hear ya on the husband being bored and going home. Mine usually doesn't even come to shows anymore because he says I am too focused and ignore him hahaha.
    I just looked at some of the photos I purchased from a show earlier this year and my horse looks cute but my face in the victory pass photo looks so awful. And my other photo my husband said I looked constipated. Thanks, dude.

(Congrats on your win!)

AmyK and Larkspade like this.