Funniest Thing a Non-Horse Person Has Ever Said To You

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by Orbit1263, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Jimmy The Pony

Jimmy The Pony Full Member

I sometimes help out at kids group lessons on the weekend and it was summer and my pony was wearing a fly mask because she hates flies so much. This little girl came up to me and said 'why are you blinding that poor pony' and I said 'it's not harming the pony, it's so the flies don't annoy her and get in her eyes'. And that little kid looked at me like I was crazy.

Varisha likes this.
  2. horseingreyflannelsuit

horseingreyflannelsuit Senior Member

I've had the animal control called on me a few times over a fly mask. One time when I was out riding, someone stopped me because I had one on my horse, so I took it off and held it up so they could see through it. They can't see the horse's eyes, so they think it can't see.

3. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Senior Member

Had a non-horsey acquaintance (don't know her that well) and completely out of the blue she starts asking about whether I have a horse and how much she wants to ride... implying that she could ride my horse. Nope, no way. I did suggest that she could take lessons at a nearby stable if she wanted to ride but she said 'No, I'm too good for lessons.' o_O She then went on to explain that she could walk, turn and stop all on her own and also bragged about walking around a cone at horse camp. I just said 'okay then' and backed away as fast as I could.

Rainbowaholic likes this.