Funniest Thing a Non-Horse Person Has Ever Said To You

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by Orbit1263, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Jimmy The Pony

Jimmy The Pony Full Member

I sometimes help out at kids group lessons on the weekend and it was summer and my pony was wearing a fly mask because she hates flies so much. This little girl came up to me and said 'why are you blinding that poor pony' and I said 'it's not harming the pony, it's so the flies don't annoy her and get in her eyes'. And that little kid looked at me like I was crazy.

Alsosusieq2 and Varisha like this.
  2. horseingreyflannelsuit

horseingreyflannelsuit Senior Member

I've had the animal control called on me a few times over a fly mask. One time when I was out riding, someone stopped me because I had one on my horse, so I took it off and held it up so they could see through it. They can't see the horse's eyes, so they think it can't see.

Alsosusieq2, C4Roan and Varisha like this.
  3. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Senior Member

Had a non-horsey acquaintance (don't know her that well) and completely out of the blue she starts asking about whether I have a horse and how much she wants to ride... implying that she could ride my horse. Nope, no way. I did suggest that she could take lessons at a nearby stable if she wanted to ride but she said 'No, I'm too good for lessons.' o_O She then went on to explain that she could walk, turn and stop all on her own and also bragged about walking around a cone at horse camp. I just said 'okay then' and backed away as fast as I could.

4. C4Roan

C4Roan Full Member

He's a Mulestang. :horseon2:

5. C4Roan

C4Roan Full Member

1. Someone once informed that Thoroughbreds were the only purebred horses.
    2. I have had someone ask me if horses really ate grass.
    3. Everyone seams to assume that barrel racing is all horse people do.
    4. Horse riding is not a sport.

AllyMae, Alsosusieq2, Sam C. and 2 others like this.
  6. Varisha

Varisha Senior Member

Well is is in their name right... they are breed thoroughly ;)

Alsosusieq2 and C4Roan like this.
  7. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

I've been told quite a few times what a horrid cruel person I am, and I abuse my horses, and I should set them free because how would I like to me chained up all day and being made to run around carrying people on my back. Sometimes I get so fed up I just say yea I would love it.

Alsosusieq2 and C4Roan like this.
  8. slc

slc Senior Member

I had a boyfriend say that to me once.

I put him on the horse and sent the horse off at a good strong working trot.

He didn't say that after that.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  9. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I was at a show a couple weeks ago supporting a friend. Her non horsey mom came to watch. We were watching a western pleasure class and one of the men was riding with his right arm bent at the elbow and his hand in a fist. The non horsey mom said oh I think that man has a problem with his arm, maybe he's paralyzed. I said no, that's how a lot of western riders ride. She proceeded to argue with me and continued to say that there must be a problem with his arm. So I shut up and let her think that. After the class guess what happened... his arm relaxed. It was a miracle!!!

Larkspade and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  10. slc

slc Senior Member

Oh. Various bawlings-out I have received:

1.) bawled out for braiding horse's mane ('What in the name of GOD are you DOING to that poor animal?' My response was, 'lady, I'm the one that's the poor animal in this particular equation'). My friend fell off her mounting block, she laughed so hard.

2.) Bawled out for getting horse's hooves trimmed

3.) Bawled out for using a bridle with two reins on it. I explained that each pair of reins was for a different bit. THAT'S when she hit the ceiling.