1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Funniest Thing a Non-Horse Person Has Ever Said To You

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by Orbit1263, Jan 26, 2015.

1. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

This is great!

The other day I saw a Craigslist ad... it was a mini horse with a foal. The ad said, "Selling pony and calf." I was sad for humanity.

2. KeeliTheConnemara

KeeliTheConnemara Registered

No but she wants to help the beginners :p

3. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

My dad is a horse person, my mother even though she grew up around horses (her brother breeds horses back in Moscow) she is so cleuless it's too funny. My parents know that both my horses have some issues right now and my little pony is still in Spain, the horse I wanted fell through and I'm super upset about all of this. My mum messages me today

Mum: how is that big horse thing in Germany
    Me: really good super exhausting but good
    Mum: lovely is pony enjoying himself
    Me: mum pony is in Dubai
    Mum: so you just left him there? That's a bit mean, so now you can't ride him you just leave him when you go to horse shows? Well is the girl horse having fun?
    Me: mum both the horses are home in Dubai they don't travel like a dog you know
    Mum: well if you think it's best to leave them with the pet sitter what do I know. And how about that midget in Spain when can they take him to Dubai
    Me: asap we just waiting for quarantine space to open in dubai
    Mum: Anya what are you talking about hasn't he had all his shots? This is not being a responsible owner, you can't just forget to give him shots it's not fair for him to be stuck in quarantine
    Me: oh lord mama ask daddy to explain.

I was doing my best not to laugh my backside off.

4. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I blame auto correct. I swear I am not that person.

5. apndi

apndi Senior Member

I've had several people ask me how can I tell my two horses apart.

Also have had people ask how can you tell which horses are boys and which are girls.

Another good one, when I mention to someone for the first time that I have horses, sometimes they say "oh wow are you afraid of them?" ....I say, are you afraid of your dog? They say, no why would I have a dog if I was afraid of them? :faint:

Varisha, Binca and Rainbowaholic like this.
  6. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Lately, I have had a bout of people ask when I am going to start riding my foal.
    Um, he is six months old! So not for a while yet.
    "But he is so big! Maybe by the summer?"
    :cautious:
    "No. Not by the summer."

Varisha likes this.
  7. Compadre

Compadre Senior Member

I second what someone else said, getting questioned if my blue eyed horse is blind.

I've decided if it happens again I'm going to say "yes, he's blind, but he can use echolocation. Go on, walk up to him. Can you hear the clicks?"

8. slc

slc Senior Member

My second favorite:

"Dressage sure looks easy".

The winner of all time:

My husband wanted to see GP dressage add exploding land mines and skimpy outfits.

Rainbowaholic likes this.
  9. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

lol. I remember when I was young and my family went to see the Lipizzaner stallions show, with a bunch of dressage and airs above the ground and etc. I thought it was awesome and my parents just complained it was the most horribly boring thing and the horses just trotted around aimlessly. And my parents have even been around horses for most of their lives. Depressing.