Funniest Thing a Non-Horse Person Has Ever Said To You

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by Orbit1263, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Orbit1263

Orbit1263 Full Member

I'll start us off:
    So I was in Farm and Fleet with my mom, she was getting some rabbit food and I was cruisin' the horse aisle as usual. I noticed they'd gotten some awls in and I picked one up just as my mom was walking into the aisle. She looks at it, then at me and asks nervously, "That's not something you like, poke holes in the horse with is it?"
    :no:
    Really? Reeaaallyyyy?

So what's the funniest thing a non-horsey person has said to you?

Alsosusieq2, Navistar and Varisha like this.
  2. AngelOfFire

AngelOfFire Senior Member

Ya know the blindfolded horse question? I had never heard of it actually happening outside of online.

Christmas...I went to my roommate's work party. One of the guys there actually asked me. "Do they really blindfold the horses to keep them from running around?" So naturally...I asked him who told him that.

Another guy there actually had him CONVINCED that Thoroughbreds have to be blindfolded or they would run themselves to death. Because naturally not being able to see causes them to run into things really hard. So they learn to walk so when they do bump into something, it doesn't hurt.

So I got to explain that "No...the horses are NOT blindfolded...its a see through mask t keep bugs off."

3. JStorry

JStorry Senior Member

I've been asked if people literally cut cows (and I quote 'like with knives?!?!') When I've mentioned I'm going to cutting practice.

4. Binca

Binca Senior Member

I once had someone ask me if a pony is a baby horse.. :eek:

5. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

This was my little cousin as in she is four, but I off handily mentioned I was going to help a friend clean his stalls, she looked at me and said ''why can't they go potty in the toilet my little ponies don't go poo poo in their stalls?

3 people like this.
  6. prairiesongks

prairiesongks Senior Member

My little grandson had been around mares all his life, but when he saw Pistol hanging loose, he announced that the horse had 5 legs, but one was really short!

7. MelissaH

MelissaH Senior Member

My husband always thought (before he had a horse) the one's lying down were dead!:eek:

2 people like this.
  8. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

Out riding several years ago, I stopped and was talking with a neighbor who had his nephew with him. I was letting them pet my horse and got a good laugh when the guy told his nephew that the only reason I could ride my horse with a bit in his mouth was because I pulled all his teeth out.

He was clueless but had heard about someone having to pull the wolf teeth so just thought that meant all of them.

C4Roan, AllyMae, mymarespet and 3 others like this.
  9. Orbit1263

Orbit1263 Full Member

Haha loving this, non-horsey people say the most hilarious things and when you start laughing they don't know why, they honestly think the ridiculous thing they just said was correct.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    2 people like this.
  10. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

I was so excited when I first got Mirage to extend her trot. So after riding I went inside and told my husband "I got Mirage to extend."
    He gave me this really weird look and then slowly said, "I thought Mirage was a girl.":faint::rofl: