1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Fun exercises to do with a beginner rider? (pics)

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by MysticRealm, Dec 26, 2006.

1. MysticRealm

MysticRealm Senior Member

Thanks guys.
    Yes I know she has her reins short but right now she is still using the neck a bit to balance and keep her hands steady. We are slowly working on her bringing her hands up off the neck and once she does that she lets her reins out so she can sit up taller.
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I really like the 7-7-7 idea.

2. MysticRealm

bump, any more?

3. Lou3

Lou3 Senior Member+

Oh one pretty good one is to get her to close her eyes and listen to your instructions on where to go and turn round a course of poles. She has to steer really carefully and listen to you closely to get through the course. (i recommend only doing this one at a walk)

4. MysticRealm

cool, thanks

5. Daisy2

Daisy2 Senior Member

Dont know of any. But theres one thing i want to say Markie is simply gorgous!!!!

6. cassidy

cassidy Senior Member+

i think she would really benefit from lunge lessons so she can concentrate more on herself than the horse

as she really needs to learn to sit up an doing a lesson on the lunge she can do exercises with her armsto help her sit up an have a better position

7. MysticRealm

Thanks, I know she needs to sit up but like I said she is still using the neck to help support her but we are working on her building up the muscle and ability to lift up her hands and bring her body back. Those pics are a few weeks old and she has progressed a good amount in that short time.