FS: Forestier Dressage Saddle (caramel brown)

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by Jim_in_PA, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Reluctantly offered for sale...I love this saddle, but have some other tack funding needs at present. Forestier dressage saddle in beautiful caramel brown color. Manufactured in 1999 with exquisite leather. Excellent condition, soft and grippy, beautifully rebuilt panels with wool flocking by master saddler so fit is adjustable. Original panel leather painstakingly preserved during that process. Best for longer legged rider who keeps legs well draped due to the longer, straight flap design. Marked 17" but measures more to 17.5". Sacrificing at $2000 firm plus shipping, etc., due to circumstance. PRICE REDUCED FEB 2019 - $1250 plus shipping. THIS SADDLE NEEDS A NEW HOME...I no longer own horses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    1 person likes this.
  2. foureyed_dragon

foureyed_dragon Senior Member

I can't believe you still haven't sold this gorgeous saddle.

3. Jim_in_PA

I got no serious bites last time, 4-eye...one local person who wanted it for a song, but otherwise nada. Now that was a couple years ago and I decided I just couldn't give it away since my daughter could use it as well as a lady who occasionally lessons with me. I had already put $700 into that rebuild of the panels before discovering that as I progressed in riding, it was just too small in the seat for me. But my daughter now needs a new jumping saddle because both her legs and Elvis's back have expanded. If someone invests in this wonderful saddle, it means I can do something nicer for Alesya to replace her Delgrange.

4. cleozowner

cleozowner Senior Member

This is the most beautiful dressage saddle I've seen in a while! I need to find my spare $2k...

3 people like this.
  5. Jim_in_PA

cleo', that's one of the things I love about it...it's just darn beautiful...and I'd be riding in it "forever" if it fit my backside properly. But alas...

6. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Love it. If I hadn't found a Passier that fits me perfectly, long femurs and all, I'd be buying this. Just drool worthy. Hope you find someone who will appreciate it.

7. ZipAllied

ZipAllied Senior Member

Oh.My.God. that is beautiful!!!! I so wish I was taller than 5'2. Jim would you mind if I send the pic to some of my dressage friends here?.... I know of one who may be interested. Is it a wide tree?

8. Jim_in_PA

Zip', no problem with socializing this. It's somewhat wide as you can see from the tape and since it's wool flocked, there is a little bit of adjustment available to fine tune the fit. This was used on a warmblood before I acquired it.

9. foureyed_dragon

foureyed_dragon Senior Member

I feel your pain. I had one lady offer me half of my asking price on the saddle I have for sale. Another lady wanted to know why my saddle was so expensive when she could buy one of those Indian import saddle packages new on eBay for $300. I think the worst though is when you have somebody that acts seriously interested, asks you to take additional pictures and measurements, and then after you have done all of that they decide they can't afford it.

10. Jim_in_PA

Bump.......