Fresh roasted coffee

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by CoopersPprScpr, Mar 1, 2015.

1. CoopersPprScpr

CoopersPprScpr Senior Member

Husband and I have just started a coffee roasting business. We've been roasting for ourselves for about 15 years, and finally decided to go commercial. Our website is up at electriccityroasters.com

We roast as ordered, and currently have 4 single origin varietals available -

Brazil Cerrado - malty, chocolately, a great morning cup
    Ethiopia Natural Sidamo - light bodied, very citrusy
    Costa Rica Tarrazu "San Rafael" - classic Tarrazu, fruity
    Honduras "Manos de Mujer" fair trade organic - chocolate, cedar, fuller body

We use stand up pouches with a zip top and a one-way valve to keep the coffee as fresh as possible. The valve allows carbon dioxide produced after roasting to escape, but doesn't allow oxygen back in. Bags are heat sealed, and the zipper allows you to re-seal after opening. This packaging will keep the beans fresh for longer than the usual tin tie coffee bags.

For HGS'ers we're offering special pricing:

Brazil Cerrado for $9/lb
    Costa Rican for $11.50/lb
    Ethiopian and Honduran for $11/lb

Shipping will vary, UPS is generally cheapest but we can work out a deal on shipping as well.

emali06, BluemoonOKy and Mcdreamer like this.
  2. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

ELECTRIC CITY ROASTERS' coffee is AWESOME! I have had them all and have even had some custom roasted Ethiopian Sidamo which is just perfect. It is very reasonably priced for the quality. The packaging keeps the beans much fresher.
    I wish you guys the best of luck in your new endeavor!

3 people like this.
  3. RockHorseRanch

RockHorseRanch Senior Member

Coffee is one of my major food groups, so I'd love to support your company!

I'd like a pound each of the Brazil, Ethiopian and Costa Rican. Shipping to 80108.

Can email or invoice Paypal at rockhorseranch@comcast.net

Thanks!

Nancy

3 people like this.
  4. CoopersPprScpr

Thanks Nancy!

5. CoopersPprScpr

Bumpity bump bump

6. RockHorseRanch

RockHorseRanch Senior Member

Perfect service with quick shipping - it was a real treat to be sipping flavorful, fresh (less than a week since roasting!) coffee. I'll be back for more!

1 person likes this.
  7. CoopersPprScpr

Just picked up 3 new varieties yesterday, all fair trade organic.

Bali "Blue Moon" - very full bodied, earthy, cedary
    Peru "La Florida" - sampled this yesterday, incredible floral bouqet, light and bright acidity
    Guatemala "Finca Ceylan" - roasting this today to try, so will follow up with tasting notes!

All would be $11 per pound.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sempiternal

Sempiternal Senior Member

So many choices! I'm trying to get back to drinking coffee black vs loading it with cream and sugar (I know - oh the horror). What would you suggest? They all sound so good!

9. CoopersPprScpr

Interestingly, we've had a lot of people say to us that they "didn't even need cream and sugar" with our coffee. I think it's because so much coffee is over-roasted these days, and all you get is the flavor of the roast and, when it's really overdone, that burned, bitter taste so you need the cream and sugar to cover that up. That being said, I think the Ethiopian or the Peruvian are going to be the easiest to wean yourself off the additions - they are both very light bodied, more brightly acidic coffees. The Guatemalan may be the same, I'll let you know later today!

10. CoopersPprScpr

Well I will need to update tomorrow with tasting notes on the Guatemalan - I roasted it a bit too light. It's not bad, just not a whole lot there, needs a little more time to develop more flavors. If anyone likes a light roast, you can have it for $7 a pound, I've got about 2 pounds, maybe a little under. Or I'd throw it in free with any other order ;)

1 person likes this.