1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Free Goats to good home

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by Lady barth, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Lady barth

Lady barth Senior Member+

After my husband had his stroke, and now we are moving I need to cut down on some of the outside animals.
    My husband wants to give his goats away to a good home. He is going to put an ad in the paper but I am freaked thinking that someone is going to take them looking for a "free meal", so I am going to try here first. They are good goats, about 9 months old. I got them at 6 months old and have been slowly working at taming them. They let me pet them on the heads when I feed them.
    [​IMG]

On the left is Jennie (original:rolleyez:) and on the right is Bessie (because she looks like a cow :p )
    I am pretty sure they are pygmy goats, they are about the size of a medium dog. Kinda small, and the people I got them from said "I dont know what kind they are, theyre just goats". They had them running in a herd of about 30 goats, and for this reason I believe Jenny may be pregnant. She is awful fat, in a preggers sort of way. I am located in central/south NC near Rockingham.

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  2. Beauty

Beauty Senior Member

Awe, if I lived near you I'd take them. I have 16 goats, all of them just pets.:p They sort of look like Pygmy goats, although Jennie's colors especially are like an Alpine. Maybe they're a cross.

3. FutureVetGirl

FutureVetGirl Senior Member+

Urgh... if I lived several hundred thousand miles closer... *sigh*

They're adorable. They remind me of two goats that used to be at the barn where I ride. I named them Cappucino and Milkshake (don't ask. one was black and brown, the other was a creamy white).

4. FatSpottedAppy

FatSpottedAppy Senior Member

Aww, they're so cute-- I've always wanted pygmys. I wish I could get them but I'm all the way in PA. Jennie looks like a little alpine(even tho she's a pygmy)-- my favorite! :D

5. CarolinaFilly

CarolinaFilly Senior Member+

I must be right near you. I live near Rockingham as well. I'll keep my ears open for a good home for them.

6. osage

osage Senior Member+

oooo....I want them....
    but I live in Middle/Northern TN and though we are closer than a lot of others on here...it's still probably 400 hundred miles away and I don't have any way to haul them. I have two half pygmy goats, love them...they are the sweetest things.

7. Lady barth

Thanks. I was hoping you would see this thread, and may know more people than I do.

We are pretty close, I am near Laurinburg, but my mailing address is Marston. I work just north of you in Aberdeen.

8. Painted2

Painted2 Senior Member

I live in South Carolina and my dad is about to buy some goats but not pygmes, but I want small ones. I'm about 15 minutes from Columbia. Coming near here for anything? just got 2 of them right??

9. Lady barth

Yes, I have 2 of them, and no, I am not going to be near Columbia anytime soon. Sorry. :(

10. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Me and my bf are talking about getting some goats, but I'm so far away. I'm in GA, but if I could get them, I'd love it. Too bad that you aren't closer :( Where are you moving to? I musta missed it.