Freddie helps.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dona Worry, May 18, 2017.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Freddie helps go find fencing tool! (It fell off the back of the fencing wagon along the road)
    20180512_132026.jpg
    Freddie looks for perfect place to hide BEST TOY EVER. Maybe here?
    20180512_095036.jpg
    Maybe there?
    20180512_095037.jpg
    Maybe move your foot momma, and I hide it HERE. 20180512_095007.jpg

So! Funny story time!

I have a cousin that just looks for things to comment on. You could have the best life ever and she'd find something to try and make you feel bad about. She is kind of a toxic person, but if you can just ignore/tolerate her BS, she can be nice sometimes.
    I was showing her pictures of Freddie and she said. "Freddie is really an out of control little dog. She is so disobedient, you have no control over what she is doing. Ever."
    Me: :cautious:
    "Well, you KNOW it's true."

It isn't really UNTRUE, I guess. She wanders away leaving me with no idea where she is for hours at a time, she has a terrible recall, does not stay at all, and jumps on people when excited.
    But COUSIN.
    Cousin has a little dog that BITES CHILDREN, and pees in the house. Like, marks his territory peeing, not needs to go out peeing. He'll run into a house, any house, and immediately lift his leg.
    Did I MENTION that he ALSO BITES CHILDREN?!
    I mean, I know she has to attack people, but trying to use Freddie-- the SNOOT herself!-- as a weapon to mock me is about as effective as using a fly swatter on a rhino.
    I'll take my out of control, housebroken, disobedient, babysitter of a dog, thanks, and she can keep her little alpha brat.*

*disclaimer: I actually don't dislike her dog at all. His lack of training and manners is no reflection on him at all. He could have a been a fine little dog, and actually is a fun little cuddle pup as long as you aren't a child.

Alsosusieq2 and ginster like this.
  2. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

And considering she is a hound dog, who are notoriously prey driven, she is hardly disobedient. Also, HELLOOOO I can trust her around cats, cows, and the chickens too!!!

3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Did Freddie find the elusive fencing tool?

Alsosusieq2, Arem and Dona Worry like this.
  4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Well of COURSE she did!
    It helps it had a red handle, and was lying in the road.

5. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Hound dog! :D You’re lucky she’s got short legs or she’d counter surf, too. When we had the coonhound, we couldn’t leave anything on the counters— ever. There was no breaking her of the habit. If she could reach it, it was hers. :rolleyes:

Some people are just so miserable that they have to go around digging at other people so they can lower them to their level.

Freddie seems like an awesome dog. She’s just a hound. Well behaved hound tends to look different than well behaved other dog. :ROFLMAO:

6. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Freddie is really my perfect dog, and I didn't even know it! A momma's baby for watching movies on the couch, has a BIG LOUD DANGER bark for when dinosaurs are attacking the house or someone knocks on the door while she is napping. Big enough to survive the occasional kick from a heifer, but not so big I can't carry her through really deep snow!
    ETA: And yes, cousin is a deeply unhappy person, which is part of the reason she gets so much slack. She really does have her good moments, she just hasn't seemed to figure out that being nasty to people doesn't improve her life any.

Alsosusieq2 and Arem like this.
  7. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Hounds are special. My hounds needed a specially reinforced and redesigned Houndcatraz to stay in while I'm at work.

One's a digger and the other is a climber, so we had to do LOT of reinforcing in their shed and kennel to keep them in and safe!

Be glad Freddie comes back--if my fools get to wandering, they do NOT come back.

Anyway, Bucko and Lulu in Houndcatraz (protoype version, more changes needed)

20180512_172601.jpg

Alsosusieq2, Dona Worry, DelP and 2 others like this.
  8. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Yup She's a hound dog. They wander.

We had a beagle growing up. He failed out of training 3 times, then we gave up. He would escape the house and take off after a sent. Get lost and then sit down and wait until he was found. SPCA/dog catcher was on a first name basis. They actually were really good to him. And they knew we weren't neglecting him or letting out alone on purpose etc.

One time my mom was in the basement doing laundry and the SPCA brought him back. The guy had a good laugh at the huge hole he made in the screen door. She didn't even know he was gone.

He was so so so sweet and so very very stupid. You just couldn't stay mad at him.

Alsosusieq2 and Dona Worry like this.
  9. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

Fredddddiiiiieeeee! <3

We had a Redbone and a Plott. Nothing - NOTHING - could stop them if they got on a scent trail, and these were not dogs who were trained to track/hunt. It was just them. We marvel at our current dog's recall/absolute willingness to stay with us/ mere mortal nose.

Freddie is far happier (and, I daresay, able to bring happiness to the world) than cousin. Freddie > cousin. That's all. ;)

10. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

My Buck is a Plott x Redbone. He's unstoppable!

Arem and Ms_Pigeon like this.