Freckles goes to church

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by equinitis, Jan 5, 2019.

1. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

A local church was looking for a donkey to use in their Chritmas play and someone pointed them in our direction. I cant imagine how that happened!
    Anyway, we dont have any donks big enough to ride or broke enough for an endeavor like this but Mike offered Sara, the most donkey looking mule we have that is also broke enough to do this.
    Sara refused to enter the building. She just sulked up and refused to go through the door! That is how Freckles got involved. He is not very donkey looking but we knew he would go through the door.
    1 night of practice then 3 performances.
    Mike had to dress in black and creep along by the wall because Freckles would not make that scary walk with "Joseph". Lol
    Freckles got to stand in the back of a very large church during intermission where he made a lot of friends.
    This kiddo had to really think about touching Freckles. He was excited but interested. Once he got brave enough, he kept at least one hand on him the whole time we were there!
    His grandmother loved Freckles!
    How many little hands will fit on one mule? Freckles looks unhappy here but he was trying to watch the kids and be careful. He never so much as swishes his tail while people were petting him. See the tiny little girl at his shoulder? When she touched him, he tilted his head so he could see her.
    Almost to "Bethlehem" on the last night.
    Freckles was solid gold. He even posted for a selfie! Now I can say Freckles rides, drives, packs and acts!

2. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Adorable, and seems kind, too. Famous Freckles, lol

equinitis likes this.
  3. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Thanks. Freckles is one of a kind for sure. He will be 25 in May.

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Millie would've loved to do that. People mule to the max. The more people around, the more she likes it. Freckles and Millie are soulmates.

5. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

@manesntails, Freckles does love people and seems especially fond of kids.

manesntails and mooselady like this.
  6. slc

slc Senior Member

Eons ago a small horse played the part of the donkey that Mary rode in an outdoor play.

I was about 13 and made some teenage comment about Mary riding in a Western saddle.

One of the older guys in the group providing the horse turned to me and said, 'WHO JUST SAID MARY DIDN'T RIDE WESTERN????'

I didn't learn anything else when I was 13, but I did learn that Mary rode Western.

Binca and foxtrot like this.
  7. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Yay Freckles! He looks very proud of himself. So good with the kids.
    I have to know ...did he poop in church ? :rofl:

equinitis likes this.
  8. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Oh course not! He has too much class for that. :loveflag:
    Something about inside buildings I guess. Norm never poops inside and hes had plenty of opportunities. In the car? Yes, but not in any of the stores we go to.
    I was happy Freckles didn't poop!

ginster and Dona Worry like this.