FOR SALE: 17" Short Flap Adjustable Schleese Dressage Saddle

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by Rhythm 'n Blues, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member+

Well, since it doesn't fit anything I have.....and it's not the right flap length for me...or is going to fit anything I have up-coming in the next 2-4years, it's for sale!

It's labeled as a 17", but if I measure it's a bit closer to 17.5" (typical for a Schleese) black Schleese Dressage saddle. It has a point billet, and a Y billet system. It even has the Welleps system, so with a turn of a key you can acutally widen/narrow the tree -- yes I have done this many times, and it still works and holds it's shape. It's a great shape and is very comfortable to ride in.

Comes with matching Schleese leathers, a pair of regular phillis irons, a burgundy saddle cover and I believe I have a black leather girth in size 24" (might be a 26") that I could throw in to make a full package. All priced well of $1,200 -- New Schleese saddles start around the $4K mark.

Here's a link to the welleps system: http://www.wellep.com/Wellep%20Equestrian%20International/Wellep%20I%20V%20Tree/Wellep%20IV%20System.html

Photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The saddle cover is off to the right in this below photo....just so you can see the color of it (westie definitely NOT included :))
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any questions, feel free to PM, or post here :)

2. paintlver

paintlver Senior Member+

I am a big fan of these saddles. High end Canadian made and worth the money. Good luck selling.....Too bad it isn't an 18" I might be tempted with the short flap......

3. Fox Glove

Fox Glove Senior Member+

Oh be still my giddy heart!

4. Rhythm 'n Blues

Sorry.....:eek:

Fox -- snap it up :D I bet ya Denny would really like it :D :p :wink:

5. DraftLover97

DraftLover97 Senior Member

To bad I just had a growth spurt

6. Fox Glove

Fox Glove Senior Member+

Denny and his owner would be very happy. I just do not have,sadly, that cash loose at this time for a saddle. Or I would be all over that, it is perfect for both of us, and I would LOVE a Schleese...le sigh.

Deep seat, short flap,not too much in the front, just the way I like em too.

I did play the lottery today, you will be the first person I contact if I hit!

7. earth2283

earth2283 Full Member

How long are the flaps?

8. NiftyJ88

NiftyJ88 Senior Member

If only money grew on trees :)

9. Dark-Memory

Dark-Memory Senior Member

Ha ha, I know right?!

10. Rhythm 'n Blues

I'll cross my fingers for ya .........well after I cross them for myself :wink: :p

Flaps measured from the stirrup bar to the bottom of the flap and it's exact 15" :D

Try planting a $100 bill.....maybe you'll be surprised. Only thing though.....the soil over my way is SPECIAL SOIL.....so I suggest you plant it in my yard :D :D