Flash 2015 colt

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by mkoktavy, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I didn't even notice vids posted, just commented on the still photo. Got to see what's up.

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Good advice @Garfield70. I can't really input differently. My eyes are so bad, I kept wishing I could enlarge or zoom in. Vision used to be 400 in the left eye is now non exhistant and my right eye's had surgery but not great. I usually try to see "the big picture" rather than details. I only noticed him being very forward and your stirrups a bit long so what Garfield said makes sense. He'll get there.

3. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

Was by myself again today but I did shorten my stirrups, tried 2 holes at first but felt way too short so 1 it was and focused on keeping my lower leg back. It did help keep me from tipping forward, I think a big part of it that helped was just being aware of it as well!
    I also worked on regulating the trot a little more and played around with some walk/trot tests... my goal at the beginning of the year was to make it out to at least 1 dressage show this year... and the last one is on the 19th. I started putting together my entries, and I think I'm going to do 3 walk trot tests and the materiale class. I know were not ready at all, but all I hope to take away from this is experience, and have the judges remarks to work on over the winter :) and of course get Flash's feet wet in the show ring!
    That will give me a starting goal for next summer too! Wish us luck Haha

4. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

@Rhythm 'n Blues did you get a chance to get back to civilization yet!? Lol I'd love a few pointers before diving into our first little show :)
    Since these vids I have been more aware of my lower leg coming forward (and shortened my stirrup a hole) as well as have been working on regulating our speed a bit better!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.