Flash 2015 colt

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by mkoktavy, Jan 3, 2017.

1. ~tiffy~

~tiffy~ Senior Member

Lol that ear in the riding pic looks like “Mom, are you SURE this won’t kill me???”

He’s so cute!!

ginster and mkoktavy like this.
  2. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

At least he was aware that I was up there!:applaud:

~tiffy~ likes this.
  3. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Senior Member+

I've said this a million times but I gotta say it again! FLASH IS SUCH A GORGEOUS BOY!!

mkoktavy and Bakkir like this.
  4. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

Aww thanks :) He loves when you tell him that, he puffs up and those big donkey ears just don't stop moving lol

ginster, GONE ROPING and Bakkir like this.
  5. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Look at him, so handsome and such a good boy!

mkoktavy likes this.
  6. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

Not much happening in Flash's world lately... mostly same old stuff to keep him exercised.
    I hopped on him the other day to walk him out, started doing a little bit of yielding from my leg, he's such a good boy. He's also getting pretty tall so when I try and get on him bareback (even with a stool) I have to jump and haul myself up, and he just stands! Sometimes I make a bigger deal of mounting just so he's used to it, he doesn't care at all so that makes me happy.
    He's been starting to get massages, he will have another one Monday. He had quite a few tights spots including his poll, shoulder and buttock which doesn't surprise me as he plays HARD with his buddy. He constantly has marks all over him. One of their favorite games to play is face tag, he's really quick with his head and very reactive so I can see where the neck and pole stiffness comes from!
    I learned a few stretches for him and have been doing that with him after every workout.
    Flash has also learned a new trick.... the last three days in a row my BO has messaged me to let me know that Flash has let himself out of his stall at night AGAIN. One night he even unlatched his buddy's stall door lol he kills me! BO finally rigged up a bungee cord to keep him in. I think I'm also going to get him some sort of stall toy if he's THAT bored at night! He already has a jug tied up in his stall with treats in it but he doesn't seem to bother with it...
    Also, I need to stop internet shopping, found this awesome unicorn fly bonnet so of course we had to have a little photo shoot haha enjoy!
    20180412_190553.jpg 20180412_190300.jpg 20180412_190345.jpg
    Flash the first night he got out, hanging out with the barn pig!
    1.jpg
    And trying to keep him locked in....
    Resized_20180413_210715.jpg

foxtrot, Kristal H, Bakkir and 5 others like this.
  7. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

We are finally started to have some nice weather! Had a beautiful day yesterday, I packed up my trailer and brought Flash to our old farm and went for a little hack in the field with all his old buddies. It was my first time towing with the new trailer and SUV and I'm in love! I was so much more comfortable than in the truck I barely drive. And I'm finally getting the hang of backing and parking the trailer :cheerleader: A friend also installed a camera for me so I could keep an eye on him which is such an awesome piece of mind.

As soon as he got off the trailer his old pals were calling to him like they knew it was him!
    I got spoiled, one of the girls had a bareback pad with stirrups! Lol I wasn't sure how he was going to be since he's been so spooky on the road (we've only gone down the road 3 times and were lucky enough to not meet any traffic, I just don' think he likes the asphalt)
    He was amazing! He has quite a forward walk and kept passing everyone (I wanted him to follow) but he ended up in front and led the group almost the whole way! There was a plastic tarp going through the opening in the trees to get to the field and he looked at it but walked by no problem (which also really surprised me!) He walked through puddles, big and small, even stopped to play in the big one we walked through - thank goodness he didn't try to lay in it lol. Once we got to the second field, up top it was VERY windy and I worried he would get a breeze up his bum and start acting silly but it didn't bother him at all! He was so chill, he definitely will love the trails!
    Mind you he does know those fields as I always took him for a walk in them when he was a yearling and 2 year old... but still! I love my pony!
    20180426_193955.jpg 20180429_131930.jpg 20180429_141450.jpg 20180429_143025.jpg 20180429_143849.jpg 20180429_142526.jpg

foxtrot, ginster, GONE ROPING and 5 others like this.
  8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

He's sporting thar unicorn horn like he was born with it, well done with this lovely fellow-!!

9. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

There will be more unicorn photos to come! Two other girls from this farm ordered them as well and we had a photo shoot after lol just waiting on her to finish editing them!

But yes he's been my special little unicorn, always tries so hard :)

ginster likes this.
  10. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

I just love this kid ! He is adorable. The unicorn bonnet is adorable. I have to play mom here and say...stirrups do not belong on bareback pads, very dangerous. Be careful !

ginster, Rhythm 'n Blues and mkoktavy like this.