Flash 2015 colt

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by mkoktavy, Jan 3, 2017.

1. ginster

ginster Senior Member

He is such a handsome guy!
    I think his head and neck carriage adds to the impression that he is so tall.
    I cannot wait to see what he looks like once he's filled out.

Alsosusieq2 and mkoktavy like this.
  2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

He’s such a cute looking dude!

Alsosusieq2 and mkoktavy like this.
  3. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

Yes he's definetly a giraffe! I can't wait til he loses his winter woolies! He does tend to do his "catching up" and filling out in the spring/summer, he will look quite grown up I think!

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Lordy he is getting big, good looking too-!!

mkoktavy likes this.
  5. slc

slc Senior Member

They are supposed to look like that.

I asked a breeder about that once and he just shouted "SKANKY? SKANKY IS GOOD!"

6. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Senior Member+

I LOVE your horse:love::loveflag: He's one pretty boy. That looked really good for the first trot.

mkoktavy likes this.
  7. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

I still don't have a saddle that fits, the one I thought was ok still wasn't great. Ended up ordering one so I won't have anything that fits for another 3 months.... aaaand our camping trip is in 2 and a half! Just lovely. The rep thinks she should have a demo available for me to borrow at least for my trip, but I'm not sure I want to bring an expensive saddle that isn't even mine...
    I borrowed a bareback pad from a friend and will be practising our trail riding in that! Starting today lol. Hubby came out to the barn with me and walked down the road with us, Flash is not confident on his own so he was happy to have someone walking beside him. He was a bit jumpy but really well behaved despite Maverick running around dropping sticks and jumping in the water in the ditches. I'm totally not one to baby the horse, they will get used to all the commotion and be better for it.
    We just went down the road (it's a dead end street so never any traffic) and back, so only about a 15 minute walk but by the time we headed back flash was on a looser rein and chilling out :)
    So I have decided that not having a saddle is NOT going to spoil my camping trip, and worse case, I'm barebacking it lol seriously tho, I'll take turns hand walking him and riding and I think we will be fine! Especially with all the practise we will get these next couple months...
    20180326_184337.jpg 20180326_184400.jpg 20180326_192600.jpg 20180326_184636(0).jpg

8. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Awww. I just love Flash. And, GO STEELERS!!!!!

mkoktavy likes this.
  9. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Senior Member+

What a handsome boy Flash is!!

mkoktavy likes this.
  10. mkoktavy

mkoktavy Senior Member

Flash met my shop vac the other day. He looks fine in the photos but boy was he snorting up a storm and jumpy!! First day introducing it I just had it in the barn he was in his stall and I turned it on. Well he was snorting louder than the vacuum! Finally took the treats I was offering and stuck his head out of his stall to actually LOOK at what was making the noise... Then turned it off and brought him out to check it out. He was very compliant but also very weary... Rubbed the hose on him he was flinchy but stayed put. Moved it back again and turned it on, once I was confident wasn't going to try and kill himself I stuck him in the crossties and groomed him with the vac on but at a safe distance.
    Quit there and thought it would be a good idea to take him on a "relaxing" ride down the street... Got on (yup still bareback!) and as we went to go walk by the barn, the garage door was open and BO's hubby was working on cars. Yep Flash was petrified. Figured it was our first obstacle under saddle so I wasn't getting off right away. He was good, he just jumps on the spot so I wasn't afraid of him going anywhere. We would get close enough and then a movement or bang would make him back up and we went back to where he was and stood. (BO wasn't being insensitive, I just told them to carry on as if we weren't there) Finally after about 15 mins or so I got him closer than he wanted to be and stood without fuss so I hopped off. Walked back and forth on foot (of course he was totally fine with that!) Got back on and walked by no problem, go figure! But that's ok, I wanted him to not rely on me on the ground as much as he has been so I still take it as a win!
    Second day with the vac was much better, still lots of snorting but he let me actually vacuum him! I don't have a proper brush attachment so once it made contact the vac made a different noise when suctioning so that was slightly scary but overall he was a champ!
    Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 10.11.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 10.10.07 AM.png 20180331_133145.jpg 20180331_133141.jpg

Bebe, Saph, kodemiester and 7 others like this.