1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

First Time Foal Watch

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by AngelaPenny, May 12, 2016.

1. AngelaPenny

AngelaPenny Full Member

I should have a picture of me standing beside him for comparison sake.
    I'm not very tall, mind you, only 5'2, but his tail head is at my collarbone.

He gonna be a big un'.

dollymama, Alsosusieq2 and Sarai like this.
  2. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

What a stunner! I love him!

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

This just makes me smile all over-!! :) ;)

AngelaPenny likes this.
  4. AngelaPenny

AngelaPenny Full Member

While I was dealing with the loss of our first colt, I was so absolutely devastated, and some days it was hard to function. I've lost loved ones in my life and the grief didn't affect me like it did with the loss of our foal.

I had just finished writing a book, and although I was excited about it's release, I was so consumed in pain that I couldn't even bring myself to open it to edit it.

It took a month before I cracked open my computer to finish it. I'm so happy I did. I had already known what I needed to do to move myself from this "stuck" place and heal, but in the all consuming pain, I forgot that I had the answers.

My book was released this week on Amazon. It's been one giant healing step. The book is called Drop Your Stirrups How to live with intention, shift your perspective, andawaken your untapped potential.

On the back cover, you will see a picture of me and Casey, the mare who lost her foal. I chose that picture because we had such an incredible heartbroken bond together after holding each other up through the process.

You can find the link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0995274908/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Love the title - would like to grab a good read, thanks-!!

6. AngelaPenny

AngelaPenny Full Member

Thank YOU!

It feels so surreal, and the feedback has been wonderful. Let me know what you think when you read it!

7. AngelaPenny

AngelaPenny Full Member

Shortbread is a month old already.

Time flies!

Everyone is doing well here, the babies are growing like bad weeds, and the Mamas have their hooves full :)

Attached Files:

ginster and Varisha like this.
  8. AngelaPenny

AngelaPenny Full Member

It's been so long since I've updated, I thought some of you might like to see how healthy and strong that sick little Winslow has grown up to be!
    He's 7 months old, and two weeks ago he was weaned from his Mama.
    He's a big strong boy, already 14.3 at the withers (bum is a bit higher). His sire was 17hh, so I think he's going to be a big guy.

Tiny Shortbread is growing like a bad weed too! His Mama is 36 inches, and he's about 6 inches shorter than her now. He just turned 5 months.

All is good here. Healthy horses and growing babies. I'm enjoying them immensely!

Attached Files:

9. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

glad all is well!

10. dollymama

dollymama Full Member

He is a tall drink of water!!