1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Finally! High Point Jr Youth!!

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by bnttyra, Jun 22, 2015.

1. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

DD finally had a show where everything came together like I knew it could. The last couple of open shows she has had one issue or another and was getting frustrated but Saturday, things finally fell into place.

Here were her results:

2nd out of 6 in SMS: she was upset because she knows this is her class to win or lose and she made a mistake that the judge was hard on her about. It took her a few minutes but she got over it and moved on.

2nd out of 5 in Bareback: HUGE improvement in this class and we were both very happy with the results.

2nd out of 6 in Equitation: Again, this is something she has been working on and it has paid off.

2nd out of 6 in WP: We knew she wouldn't win this class as there was a true WP AQHA horse there but she did give her a run for her money, just was a bit too fast at the lope. LOL

1st out of 6 in Ranch Pleasure: By far had the best pattern here, even better than 99% of the adults!

1st out of 6 in Western Riding: Hit every one of the 7 flying lead changes! :D Two were a bit late but she hit them, and again was the only one even out of all the adults that hit all the lead changes.

1st out of 5 in Reining: FINALLY!!!! She had a very solid pattern, still room to improve but we were thrilled that she actually rode like I know she can.

1st out of 6 in Trail: This one worried her as they set up the trail course in the weedy area and it was hard to see all the cones. They didn't let anyone practice and when she finally got over there, the judge just had her go and didn't make sure she could see that last cone which was hiding in the tall weeds. Plus it was in a position that was NOT like the pattern showed so she didn't even think about looking over there. Good news was that the judge sort of realized that and didn't mark her down for it.

And I even had a good show! Miss Kitty was 5th out of 12 or 14 (I really don't know so I am guessing but it was a big class) in the mares halter with DD showing her. Diamond didn't place but I didn't think she would, I just wanted to get her out to a show. She was mostly good but did have little fits when I was off riding Miss Kitty, even kicking the trailer door and breaking off the hook part. :no:

And the biggest surprise........ Miss Kitty was 2nd out of 7 in the walk/trot class! :eek: She did so well, although she did pick her head up and get rushy on me when they asked for the extended trot but she gathered herself back up and was great the whole rest of the class.

Not a lot of photos as it was hot as **** (105) and I was more focused on making sure both DD and the horses had plenty of water to drink and were some what cool.

But here is the photo with all the ribbons and the high point trophy!
    [​IMG]

Oh and she started this show 3 points behind the one girl in the running for the Cochise County Jr Youth High Point Horse and is now at least 5 or 6 points up on her.

25 people like this.
  2. prairiesongks

prairiesongks Senior Member

Congratulations on a successful weekend:bow:.....Great job!

1 person likes this.
  3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Horse moms of the world - unite! Feels good when all the blood, sweat and tears come together ain't it? Congrats to daughter and proud Mom.

2 people like this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Great job, and the smile says it all.

1 person likes this.
  5. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

Here are a few more, no riding ones but I did find out there was a professional photographer so I am hoping he got some good shots.

Anyway, first unloaded and before the halter class. Miss Kitty and Diamond.

[​IMG]

The piglet, after her 2nd place finish in the walk/trot class.
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Wahooooo!!! A super star in the making!

2 people like this.
  7. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

Especially in the pattern classes. She really has a talent there.

3 people like this.
  8. ZipAllied

ZipAllied Senior Member

Congrats!!!!:cheerleader: Love the smile!!!

2 people like this.
  9. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

If she smiled any bigger her cheeks would pop~!! Congrats to the both of you.

3 people like this.
  10. sunset878

sunset878 Full Member

Congrats to you both! Your daughter looks like a lovely young lady, I bet you are very proud of her. When is your next show?

1 person likes this.