Finally Back in the Show Ring: Leadline!

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by chy3792, Oct 11, 2017.

1. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

Warning: proud mom post. I used to be very active in the horseshow world. My husband is not a fan of shows. He's a work or play kind of equestrian and his play does not include competition. Our daughter, who is 2 is horse crazy, which we both hoped would be the case since we both enjoy our horse hobby. After many months of slowly convincing him that our daughter would love showing and hitting a few local shows doing leadline on her mini, I finally convinced him to let us go the World Championship of our breed show. We had a ball! It was my first (real) show in 7 years and I had forgot how much work it was! Poor husband doesn't know what he has got into. Daughter had the best time and as much fun as she had will make it pretty easy for me to talk daddy into more of these in the future. I had about a week's notice after he gave us the go ahead. I managed to purchase our matching shirts, borrow some show tack from a friend, and get the old mare cleaned up (I think this may have been her first show ever in her 19ish years)! We cleaned up pretty good considering. Now I am saddle shopping and planning for next show season!
    ll4.jpg ll3.jpg ll5.jpg ll.jpg ll6.jpg ll2.jpg

2. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

Adorable! She looks so happy, and the mare looks like such a saint!

3. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

Was this in Tulsa? That arena looks familiar. Super adorable pictures!

4. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

Thank you! She is a saint for sure!

Thanks! It was in Shelbyville, TN.

5. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Cute! I love watching the leadline kids, the smiles say it all. :)

chy3792 likes this.
  6. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Your daughter is super adorable and I am glad to see the smiles. Your husband is in for IT! Lol, having a horse crazy daughter. That third picture is just so sweet.

On the Debbie downer front, I do not support the twh celebration and a lot of the less than ethical stuff that goes on there. I am familiar with the breed, so not discipline bashing, having had one as a kid. Mine was gaited, could also trot and jump the moon. I trust you will teach your daughter, long term, how real horse people treat and manage horses.

7. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

Thank you, this was a SSHBEA show, simply hosted at the Celebration grounds as it is an excellent facility. The Spotted Saddle horse world is much different from the TWH. Not to derail a thread, both are wonderful breeds and my daughter will have a group of excellent mentors if she chooses to be an equestrian. For my financial sake I do hope she is partial to SSH :whistle:.

equinitis likes this.