Fighting Food - Eating Disorder

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by .Delete., Jan 12, 2015.

1. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

dirty rice mix.... it's one of my favorites. If you don't like the burger meat that goes in it, just make the dirty rice mix in the box w/o the meat. It's so good.

2. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

41D5058E-7345-4FF4-B80F-E7187E56D489.jpeg 99A82A51-9FF4-4F29-8B63-D5DEC46D1E3B.jpeg
    I put these kind of things in my hubbys lunch sometimes. They are sooo easy to make that even he can’t mess it up I personally love to cook but there are lots of workarounds for those who don’t!

ETA: No cleanup!

3. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

I tried brown rice this weekend, it's texture reminded me of steel cut oatmeal oddly enough so it wasn't that hard to eat. I didn't like how Jesse cooked it so I didn't eat much of it. But I told him if he made it cajun then I'd eat a ton of it. He also made hamburgers with rice in them which was REALLY difficult but I ate the whole thing. I kept looking at the rice in my burger imagining it was maggots. The rice would fall from the burger and I would shudder. I honestly couldn't feel the rice in my burger when I ate it which helped. If I could I wouldn't of been able to eat it.

mooselady and Arem like this.
  4. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

So yesterday was a bit of a mess, ended up in the ER. I started my lady month the night before and I noticed my lower back hurt really bad to the point I had to hunch over. That following morning I go to work and it hits me like a ton of bricks. I'm in complete agony, I can barely walk, I'm about to puke from the pain, I'm dizzy, etc. My thighs, abdomen, and back...it's like it all seized up at once. Since it was the time of the month I assumed this was an OBGYN issue so I made an emergency appointment. When I was on the phone with them I was probably. 9..9.5 out of 10 on my pain scale, absolutely the worst pain I had experienced that I can recall. I was bawling and waddled my way back to my car. In all honesty I shouldn't of drove but the clinic is an hour away..my BF was meeting me there and he was at work in the opposite direction.

I get to the OGBYN and they look me over. My pain is about an 8.5 so it was a little better, it was really focused on the right side of my abdomen, I was still hunched over crying. The "cramps" would come in waves so I would get 5 or so minutes of somewhat relief, then it would tighten up again. He immediately sent me to the ER thinking I had a twisted ovary or appendicitis. By the time I'm actually SEEN in the ER my pain is about a 7 when I cramp up and a constant 5 when it gives me a minute to breathe. They give me morphine and anti-nausea (I felt extremely nauseous the entire time)...they gave me a CT scan and a probe-ultrasound.

So my doctors and myself are assuming this has something to do with my ovaries because of the timing and due to the fact that most of my abdominal pain is on the right side. Results came back with no issues with my reproductive organs, no cysts, no fibroids, nothing. BUT they found I have several cysts on my right kidney, one of which is very large. One of the smaller ones is calcified over and they want to keep an eye on that. What they think happened is I either passed a kidney stone or one of the cysts burst...or both. They honestly have no idea, but they think it has to do with my kidneys because of the intense back pain paired with most of the pain being on the right side of my body.

I asked him what could have caused the cysts and he said I very well could have been born with them or they could have appeared...they don't know a lot about them. They do know that the "complex" cysts (calcified) can easily turn into cancer so they are giving me another CT scan in the near future. I asked him if my kidney issues could have anything to do with a life long horrible diet and it said it's possible. He also said it's possible that's what lead up to that day's events, everything could have happened at once (kidney stone and cyst burst). But they really don't know and they are trying to make the best guess.

So now I am laying in bed, walking is still a little bit of a struggle. It's mostly my back now, lower and mid right side.

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Oh, hun! *giant internet hugs*
    I'm so sorry, I hope you feel better soon!

Arem likes this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Oh jeez....sounds horrible hope you feel better soon.

7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Cysts are a total pita and they can appear and disappear just like that. Glad it's better, but sorry about the pain. (((Hugs))) carefully..

8. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

Ouch!!! Feel better soon!

9. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Oof, feel better soon!!

10. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

Thanks guys!