Fighting Food - Eating Disorder

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by .Delete., Jan 12, 2015.

1. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Ick. I need them yellow. I don't like the coat they leave on my teeth unripe.

@.Delete. Have you tried heating the dips so you don't have the hot/cold issue?
    Def. wait for tomato season otherwise it is just acidic water...
    I love tomatoes but I have watch how much I eat and how acidic they are.
    I am a big fan of cocktail tomatoes for that reason. They are usually sweeter and milder in taste.

Since the texture of banana was fine - have you tried avocado?

Also, re. the Doritos: you are eating so little, if you crave something I say go buy and enjoy it!!

.Delete. likes this.
  2. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Mushy rice is over cooked, IMO. Same as pasta. I cannot stand mushy pasta. I like it very very al dente

mooselady, ChestersMomma and ginster like this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I like eating pasta..raw? Dry? Nice and crunchy.

ChestersMomma and Arem like this.
  4. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Part of your issue with rice may be the color. White rice does look a little like maggots. If you play with the color and texture a bit, you may like it better.

For me, I love adding vegetable or chicken stock to the water when I'm cooking rice. It adds such a nice flavour. Or, you can dump in a cup of salsa while you're cooking the rice to make a cheater mexican rice (if you like salsa). And this may sound real weird, but I LOVE Sawmill Steak Sauce on my rice. For those of you who aren't familiar, this is Sawmill Steak Sauce: Sesame Steak Sauce | Sawmill Restaurant

ginster and Arem like this.
  5. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

Sushi rice is soft, and you don’t need sushi meat to eat it.

.Delete. likes this.
  6. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

Pasta doesn't have to be mushy? It looks SO slimy and mushy to me...I can only ever eat pasta dry.

You're right, color plays a huge factor because then I associate it to maggots. If I tried brown rice it might not be that bad, I could associate them to soft sunflower seeds. I have a new love for anything Cajun, is there such a thing as Cajun rice? I would be way more prone to eating that.

I also tried a fried egg on toast last night! The edges were really good, as I got towards the center it was harder to eat because it was mushier. But I told the BF if he cooked it more and made it more flat I'd eat that everyday. I don't know if that's healthy or not but it's a step in the right direction.

7. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Cajun rice is easy, and delicious with basically any fish. You can get cajun seasoning at the supermarket!
    Fried egg on toast is the food of the gods. Eat it without guilt!
    As you progress, you can make fried rice. It is basically sauteed veggies in hot oil, add leftover rice, add an egg.
    You can make it fancy with brown sugar (or maple, since I'm from Vermont!) and rice vinegar and soy sauce or whatever, but whenever I have leftover rice, it's quick fried rice for breakfast. If you do it right it is brown and crunchy!
    Do you try cooking things yourself? I am a firm believer in desensitization, ie the more you expose yourself to food, the more your hands and nose feel and smell the food, the less panicky your brain will feel when you bring it to your mouth.

Arem and .Delete. like this.
  8. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

Cooking is a whole other level, I get easily frustrated due to how long it seems to take and how quickly it goes. Along with dishes....touching gross old food mades me shudder

Arem likes this.
  9. ginster

ginster Senior Member

You can make cajun rice. I am not sure what the seasoning is but you can put as good as anything on rice since it is pretty neutral in taste itself.

And def. try brown rice! It takes a good while longer to cook but it is pretty impossible to overcook and always has a good bite to it. It is also way more filling then your standard parboiled...

Arem likes this.
  10. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Nope! What I like to do with pasta is see what the al dente time is on the package, set the time while it’s boiling, and when it starts getting close to time, I test one to see if it’s the way I like it. (Careful! Hot! I’ve burned myself a little once :ROFLMAO:) and if it’s jot ready, I wait a bit and check it again. Repeat until satisfied.

I find that I prefer pasta like Rotini or Radiatore. They tend to be more firm. And in one pan dishes, I choose the longest cooking pasta they have at the store, usually bow ties.