Fighting Food - Eating Disorder

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by .Delete., Jan 12, 2015.

1. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

I picked up some Wowwbutter and it's fantastic!! I am so excited to have a peanut butter (well soy butter) sandwich!!! I haven't had one in months & that's all I used to eat. I also picked up soy milk...which is decent enough to use on cereal but nothing like my precious milk...

2. Binca

Binca Senior Member

Congratulations on the successful shopping, that's so awesome! :)

I find plant based milks really differ from brand to brand, so if you decide one isn't working out for you, it could be worth trying another. :) Lately my husband and I have been obsessed with oat milk.

.Delete. likes this.
  3. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

I am so glad you like it!!!

.Delete. likes this.
  4. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

I might like that, Soy milk has a pretty sweet taste to me and I would love to have something that has more similar taste to actual milk.

5. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

Side note, it's amazing how much my weight fluctuates between healthy/junk. My pants were loose on me last week, almost needed a belt and now they are really tight and uncomfortable again since this weekend of bad eating.

6. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Can you get ahold of the new milk on the market, the A2 milk?
    I don't know much about it, except that people who are lactose intolerant can sometimes drink it, because the protein is different.

On a cow level, I know they have started genetic testing a lot of bulls and herds to get more cows that produce that milk.

.Delete. likes this.
  7. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Is this like the Fairlife milk?

8. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

I tried rice for the first time in my life this weekend. It was just one bite and it honestly wasn't as terrible as I was anticipating. However my brain immediately goes to the nastiest thing I can compare it to...which is maggots.
    I find I have to compare foods to "neutral" things...like "scrambled eggs feel like soft foam" instead of "scrambled eggs feel like how I imagine bug guts would feel"...in order to eat them. It's weird but it makes things easier if I can compare food texture to some inanimate object instead of the grossest things I can fathom (which is usually bugs). As weird as that sounds.

ginster and Arem like this.
  9. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Let’s see... what is rice like?

Right now all I can think of is “magic” because I’m a little rice obsessed. :rofl:

.Delete. likes this.
  10. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

The rice the BF made was a bit chewy which helped. It if was soft I might have really had an issue with it

Arem likes this.