Fergie - Journeying on to 2nd

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by mooselady, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Nice work!

mooselady likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

That's a happy pic and well earned, nice start to the year I'd say ML-!! Bravo. :cheerleader:

mooselady likes this.
  3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Lol, we stayed in a hotel that had free hot breakfast this time.....totally wasted on me, I would LOVE hot breakfast, but after I am done riding please....

4. ZipAllied

ZipAllied Senior Member

Excellent start to the season. Keep it up ML:applaud:.

mooselady and Larkspade like this.
  5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Well, have been grounded since the show, combination of crappy weather, yet another storm rolled through, and trying to get my knee to settle down. Last weekend obviously upset it, so decided to rest for a couple of days, now struggling to get going again. I do understand that motion is lotion, but *stamps foot, gently, and pouts* it HURTS...
    This whole journey is a roller coaster, my confidence levels, my body and how it copes, and then my mediocre talent...but that is what makes every gain such a victory.

6. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

Here’s to hoping for more riding

7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Got to go visit yesterday.....there was no one around, and a vicious wind, so decided that a good grooming and some lunge work would be the order of the day. I felt kind of guilty, with the wind the windchill was down to -30*C, and here I am grooming bunches of coat out, wondering if she was going to be cold, taking away some insulation, or feel better because it would be less itchy under her blanket. Compromised by only going over once, but still had quite a heap of hair.
    29th Match (57).JPG
    Lunging was good, actually got her listening well for a while....love the fact that she stretches out on the line so well...then lots of practice at standing still, and not having to investigate every noise....sigh.

Then we got to play with all out new stuff......stall guard, and show sheet, and my beautiful vest with my custom logo!

29th Match (8).JPG 29th Match (7).JPG 29th Match (46).JPG 29th Match (2).JPG 29th Match (1).JPG

8. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Very nice. I love your custom logo.

mooselady likes this.
  9. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I can relate to this so much! And I admire the heck out of you for making it happen. It takes a lot of courage to do what you've done and I'm so happy to see you and Fergie meshing as a team and moving up.

Every year since I got B, I've been saying THIS is the year we show! It hasn't happened yet (9 years on :blushing: ) but I'm still determined that it will. Until then, I'm in your corner!

mooselady likes this.
  10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Aww thanks...it's a great journey.

Today was great fun, madam is moulting like crazy, took a ton of hair out before our ride..
    3ed April (1).JPG

Today I tried out my new saddle pad, certainly gave more wither clearance, and I'm not sure if it was that or something else that meant I simply could not sit her trot today. Usually I post the warm up, but sit when we start working, today when we started she either was doing her WORT....front end trots and back end walks! or when I pushed her she went into this HUGE trot, I just had to post it...It was a great, and our lope work felt great.

Then we got asked to do something new..a canter serpentine, 3 loop wall to wall, with a simple change over the center line....who the HECK called that a simple change, lope, jog, walk, jog, lope...BUT we rocked it, went from A to C and back to A, and nailed every change, got every lead.

Coach - "That must feel pretty good, do you want to do it again?"
    Me "NOPE, we'll end on that, it was great" I'm old enough to know that you don't try 'just one more' at the end of the session, because you can be there forever!

Bebe, wpgrider, kodemiester and 5 others like this.