Feeling like garbage

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, Mar 23, 2018.

1. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Ya it was very unexpected. Especially the puking part.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Oh jeez you should see her meds box. There is so much she needs an actual box. Her germaphobia is extra frustrating.

3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I am dealing with misophobia myself. So I get that we're frustrating to those around us. But it's not as if we're doing it on purpose. I *know* it's stupid and over the top but it's hard to fight..

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I understand that some people do actually have a medical reason for flipping out about germs or other things but the problem is it's one sided. I am required to clean for her while she sits at the table and yells orders or she expects mind reading.
    She also expects others to conform to her while she does not have to change.
    She moved in with my dad and us where we live is rural aka bugs, dirt, animals etc. She expected us to turn our rural life into her city life. But she wants the benefits of a garden without the work. That results in my dad and I tending garden and growing plants she wants.
    Couple years back I picked out beautiful tomato plants. She flipped out because I didn't get the brand she wanted. So I had to go back and get more tomato plants that where her brand. Fine I did it.
    I tended the garden and my tomato plants grew beautiful tomatoes while her plants died despite my best efforts to save them.
    The peppers and beans grew fine.
    However she would have my dad pick my tomatoes and she would eat them claiming that it was the "family" garden. But if I wanted a pepper or beans she would say they where years even though I was the one watering her plants because it was too hot out for her to go outside.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

She's got problems. Sorry you've got to deal with her. Did they get married? Hopefully not..

6. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

No they have been engaged for about 2 or 3 years though.

7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

If she has indeed a phobia, like me, she can',t help being hesitant to touch "dirty" things. I don',t direct other people though. But if I do something I am very particular about how I clean it and how I clean my hands afterwards..
    And of course there's therapy to work on this..

8. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Her rules only apply to others, not herself. She can take over the dining table with her stuff but if someone sets an item of theirs on the table it's an affront to her.
    If I walk into the house with my work boots (clean or dirty doesnt matter) on it's again an affronr to her. But she can leave moldy dishes in the sink for weeks. I left for europe on a training assignment for 2 weeks and came back to the sink overflowing with moldy dishes. Guess who got to clean them upon walking into the house.
    My room was exterior so I had to walk into the back yard to get into my room. It had no heat/a.c. hook up. I used a dairy heater to keep my room warm in the winter and ran a fan to circulate the heat through the room. If you turned it off my room became a freezer very quickly. She would go into my room and turn both off then scream at me for running up the electric bill.
    She runs the AC at 65 all summer and produces a monthly bill of $300. That's fine though cause she wants it. She doesn't pay the utilities though.
    The furnace is run all winter by her even though we have a wood burner. We tried to run it but she claims she has allergies. If we opened it to put wood inside she would screech that we are trying to kill her and open ALL the doors and windows to air out the house then act like she was allergic by sniffling/coughing Defeating the purpose. I have filled the burner with her in the room and not paying attention to me. Not a single sniffle out of her.

She refuses to drink sink water even if it's been cooled in the fridge. We HAVE to buy store water. If it was hard water I could understand but we have a Gilligan water purifier. All hell broke loose when she found out the purifier died 2 weeks prior to her finding out. We where trying to find an affordable replacement and once she found out that the water was not purified anymore it had to be fixed that day.
    I pointed out that A) she doesn't drink the water and B) she hadn't noticed it was broken for the past 2 weeks so why was it suddenly a priority.
    Oh man that was a mistake. It's not her money but if she wants it she gets it. She buys the groceries with her child support card and all other things including her phone, car payment, insurance, utilities, house payment etc are my dad's responsibilities.

It's a very unfairly done split of responsibilities. If I tried half of what she does I would be steam rolled.

Alsosusieq2 and ginster like this.
  9. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Doesn',t sound like misophobia tome. More like issues with being / not being in control...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Dont ever tell her that though.

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.