Feeling like garbage

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, Mar 23, 2018.

1. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I suppose this is a boohoo thread, or whatever you want to call it.

Been feeling like a piece of garbage this week. I have basically fallen flat on my face after coming to the ridge of picking myself back up after falling on my face the first time.
    After the leaving the carpenters apprenticeship, becoming homeless, moving back in with my dad in Wisconsin, finding a new job that I actually enjoyed and working my way up to a better job in another company, leaving my dads again because his GF is a toxic person.
    Working my way up through 3 pay raises in less then a year at the new job and finally sitting at a comfortable to me pay rate. I thought I was getting somewhere and moving on with my life.

Then this accident with the back and ankle injury being out for 5ish months, the job being a pain about the entire ordeal which was already hard to deal with. The dog biting my dad and having to deal with him while I am stuck in another state going to Dr appointments. Coming back to work all those months later only for the company to dump everyone and leave the country. The furnace being busted all winter, still dealing with the plumbing because the plumber wants $2,300 to finish the job after insurance.

Finding a new job only to get tossed to the wayside over the temp agency not telling them I had a back/leg injury in the first place that can and does inhibit my mobility and causes a lot of pain after lots of standing and walking. So they got rid of me citing that I am a liability. I had ZERO complaints and all the managers and coworkers said I was good at my job, quick learner and didn't complain. But HR had the final say and it was get out.
    Then I go and screw up my truck. Which thank you @PyroTekNik333 for the parts. I will put them to good use.
    Filed again for my unemployment that I didn't use the first time and finances are going to be tight. Thankfully I saved as much money as I could while I was away which laid a good nest egg. I would prefer to not dip into that money though. I already had to dip into it for 2 emergency vet bills for the cat and dog. Still don't know what caused both to randomly stark puking and not drink water so they both needed fluids and meds to calm there stomach. The cat was a close call and it was only a day of vomit hell for her.

So far I feel like I am worthless. I had to appeal my GI Bill application that got denied even though I qualify so that puts a damper on my applying for school. I am wading through the paperwork for VA disability but that could take 3-4 months till then I got a small amount coming in from unemployment but that won't last forever.

I am tempted to go visit my sister in California to get my spirits up but that costs money. I thought about doing those stall plaques you guys said looked decent and selling those for a little cash but I am not confident in my ability to sell those instead of gift them to people. I feel they need to be a higher quality before I ask for cash. Till then it would be more hobby worthy then anything.
    I just over all feel lost. I worked hard to get back up on top and then I smashed right back down to the bottom. Everything was going so well and a small error on another person just veered everything off course.

The lawsuit is far away from being over with and even if I win something the lawyer takes 30% and the military wants there money back for the medical bills. I am confident I will get something after the VA finished their assessment and decides my disability percentage but thats months away.
    I am going back to physical therapy on Monday since the ankle and back are not improving after 7 months of healing even with the original therapy appointments.

Sorry about the blubbering mess. I don't think I even tried to make it make sense, I just needed to type it out. Supposedly writing is therapeutic, don't know if its true or not but its free and I am broke.

ginster likes this.
  2. Zimalia

Zimalia Senior Member

Wow, your story reminds me of all I went thru.
    All I can tell you is you CAN do this! There are times in our lives, that you just have to hit bottom, and then hit it again, before you can bounce back. Been there, done that.
    I lost everything, and I do mean everything. yet, this is where you need to keep your faith strong. I don't mean to come off as someone that says they know, and in reality do not have a clue. I have been there!
    One day, you are going to wake up and find things starting to go right. From there on, the sky is the limit.

Rely on your friends, and mostly your faith. Don't be shocked when you find friends and family that bails on you, all my family did me. Sons, sisters, you name it, they all bailed. I had 2 friends left when it was all said and done that didn't dump me.

I know everyone will tell you to "hang in there", but it's soooo doggone hard. I guess what I'm trying to say is it will turn around. Just keep your faith.

3. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I actually seriously looked into being "blessed" in case I am cursed. So far it looks simple enough and what can it really hurt to try. Things have been going wrong for so long I am willing to try anything except go to church.
    I have 3 people left from the first round of hell. have not gained anyone since then, I actually put one friend I life life insurance and am going to put her in my will for any material possessions and animals I have when I die. She doesn't know that though.

4. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Also, seriously your son bailed on you? That is cold.

5. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

I believe you get into the universe what you put in. If you're not already, go volunteer somewhere. Show the universe that you're not giving up and that you're ready for something good. Go do good for someone else and you may be surprised at what comes your way. Negativity attracts negativity.

RG NIGHT HEIR and Amarea like this.
  6. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I have been looking at some volunteer stuff while I have time.

7. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Have you considered moving?

I can name two companies off the top of my head where you could start near $20/hr. Especially if you can use a computer. West Michigan, not tooooo far away.

Wishing you all the best, you've had quite the string of luck.

8. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I would prefer not too but at this point I would consider it.

9. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

I'll send you a message.

10. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Life is a roller coaster. The good thing about being at a low point is that you can only go up.

waresbear likes this.