February Goals- Follow Up

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by barrel_racer64, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

I lunged Gala twice this week......that's progress I suppose. Hoping to do more the beginning of next week when we upgrade to 2 vehicles & im free through the days......well that only works if I don't book myself saddle fittings each day till I head north again on Wednesday. Of course just today there's talk of 6 fittings for Monday/Tuesday next week which means I'll be Pretty much all booked up & no riding time. It's so hard to say no to $ & growing my business!

But I lunged.........twice........

2. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

Doesn’t look like I’ll be riding until nearly June :/ I got the news I needed surgery.

I may hop on her after work today just to get some horse time but I’m supposed to be careful until surgery...

3. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

That sucks RB.

Charm has a much needed ferrier apt on Tuesday. After that it's back to work.

My goal is still the same. Hoping to get back on her by next Friday.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  4. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

See!! Progress! In some form...

I've been successful in getting my two at least caught and tied up for some amount of time every day since I made the goal, even if it is 11 pm... And it has helped with getting Remi better about being haltered. She has never been bad to catch, but I think I failed to teach her how to be haltered properly when I halter broke her, so that has been a big goal, and the last two days she has presented her head properly without any help from me!

kodemiester and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  5. ZipAllied

ZipAllied Senior Member

It has RAINED on my parade:bawling::rofl: and more rain next week. Too slick to do anything.:bawling:

kodemiester likes this.
  6. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

I'm happy to report that I finally got a good ride in on Hope, she even behaved herself for most of it. Remi got saddled for the 4th time today as well.

7. FaeriesFaith

FaeriesFaith Senior Member

I just finished day 6 of detox and I'm feeling better then I was going into this thing, we shall see how the long term is

I haven't gotten on yet. I did wander out and spend time with both my girls, but its just been way to cold and I refuse to haul in the weather we've been getting hammered with. Supposed to have a horsemanship clinic next weekend and I don't know if I'm going still and if I'm taking the 21 yr old or the coming 3 yr old thats not broke and barely been off the farm....