February Goals- Follow Up

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by barrel_racer64, Feb 8, 2018.

1. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

How is everyone doing with the stuff they were wanting to work on in February?

For me, I'm getting more horse time, but haven't been getting the saddle time on Hope I had hoped for. I have been getting some ground work done with Remi though, and had a few break throughs with her. Hope and Remi both aren't the best with handling their feet, so I've been working on that with both of them, and we have had some improvements, more so with Hope than Remi, but we will get there.

2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

It is still ridiculously cold here, so riding has been a little limited -when the windchills are down to -30*C then I whimp out. BUT when I have ridden I am making great progress, seems like a lot of things are falling in place. It probably helps that the trainer has been riding Fergie, so we no longer have the blind leading the blind. We certainly have more forward, and she is steady in her frame.

Exercise at home is coming on, riding the bike every day, and increasing the reps on my knee strengthening, and working on core..

3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Hold up~!! o_O
    We're only one week in~!! :cautious:
    Have a little patience before ya ask “how's that going for ya“, would ya? :faint:
    ;) :p

4. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

have not ridden yet in February :(

5. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I've been riding 3x a week at least.

As far as weight loss, I haven't been able to weigh on the same scale as I originally weighed on...:confused:.

6. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Zero progress on my part. It's just too cold for me.

7. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Come on Manes! Are we only a week in, or are we 1/4 the way thru the month??? :idea::idea: I'm already feeling progressive, don't rain (or ride:charge::charge:) on my parade!:rofl:

8. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I got 5 good rides on my 2yo and I'm stoked!! He is off until April and then the real work will begin. :)
    Other than that, I'm working 3 jobs and trying to get out of debt.

9. Preppy_Ponies

Preppy_Ponies Senior Member

I've managed to get 1 ride on my youngster but in that ride we calmly cantered a pole as well as a one stride so I'm calling it a win :) Hopefully I will get a few more rides on her this weekend. Was all ready to hop on her last night but ended up putting a tune up ride on my mom's horse instead and then had to repair a broken waterer for the 2nd time this week:eek:

10. tucklove

tucklove Senior Member

Haven't been on Vito yet, but have trailered Preacher, taught him to pony, got him gelded, and have ridden Tuck a few times. So... more work needed.