Favorite coat conditioner?

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by EnglishRider234, May 9, 2018.

1. EnglishRider234

EnglishRider234 Senior Member

My guy is on a very high quality diet as well. But, as a national level show horse, if there is anything I can do to make him that much prettier I will! He is by no means dull at all!

2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

This is true. My horse is pretty shiny and I havent used any coat conditioner on him. I am, however, getting him some sunscreen

manesntails likes this.
  3. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Blue
    0511181613b.jpg
    Severus
    0511181613a.jpg
    They haven't even been brushed in 2 days.
    Mine may not be national show horses, but I know how to get a shiney coat. Flax and good nutrition. I use california trace plus, magnesium, soaked beet pulp, flax and they get a handful of McCauley finisher or senior...and as much hay and alfalfa as they want. Pasture is coming in gradually and they get out a few hours a day on the good stuff.

4. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Subbing, but chiming in to say I found a 3 pack of the Eqyss Avacado spray on Amazon for $25 with free shipping.

Anyone know how it compares to the Mega-Tec for manes and tails? I used some of that years ago, would mix it up in a spray bottle with water. I loved that stuff.

EnglishRider234 likes this.
  5. EnglishRider234

EnglishRider234 Senior Member

Again, I understand diet is key. My horse has a fantastic diet. There is nothing wrong with adding extra conditioner. It’s just like I condition my hair with a leave in even though it is sleek and shiny without one. Personal choice.

Please keep this thread on topic about grooming supplies. Thanks!