1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Famous QH breeder arrested by FBI today.

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by hoofs2118, Apr 17, 2012.

1. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

I think it was 30 mil since 2006, 6 years. That is about 5mil a year so I could see her hiding that pretty easily especially if she was the only one doing the double checking. She got caught because she was gone for that extended vacation and someone else started looking at the books and found her other account, plus there was like 3.2 mill missing over the last 4-5 months.

Still alot of money, heck I was just figuring that I would need about 1.5 mil when I get ready to retire at the age of 65. And that 1.5 mil should last me until I die, hopefully another 30 yrs past 65!

2. doublebarr

doublebarr Senior Member+

3. Surfinggetsmeup

Surfinggetsmeup Senior Member

Wow, the way that the AQHA is handling the foal issue is not what I would like to be involved with. Seems a bit unprofessional and seems like a few mare owners are going to get screwed when registering foals. Good luck to them.

4. foureyed_dragon

foureyed_dragon Senior Member

3 people like this.
  5. doublebarr

doublebarr Senior Member+

Innocent UNTIL PROVEN guilty. I wouldn't have it ANY other way. Don't understand those that want to live by MOB rule either. AQHA is handling it VERY professionally.

3 people like this.
  6. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

How else do you expect them to handle this? Right now, she can still sign the necessary paperwork so it is a non-issue but if for some reason she is not able to sign documents (I don't see this happening as she wouldn't be held in isolation) it sounds like they have a proceedure in place for these types of situations. Of course there has to be some sort of legal involvement or court order but I think the AQHA is doing all that they can and I don't see any owners getting screwed.

1 person likes this.
  7. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Exactly....and AQHA will wait until ALL court proceedings are over, THEN take their stand. I've seen it happen many times with AQHA when something like this happens.

I have an AQHA show this weekend....was down there today bathing and banding my horse. Lots of people were talking about it.

8. Bernardo

Bernardo Senior Member

Nor can they go about it either way.
    Imagine if she was found not guilty and they had stripped her membership? This likely isn't going to happen, but it would look very bad on them and would likely have repercussions.

To me it doesn't sound like AQHA is going to be hard to deal with, rather right now there aren't issues and if their are they will work with people on an individual basis.

9. foureyed_dragon

foureyed_dragon Senior Member

Sounds like [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif]Jim McKillips has been arrested as well, but denies any knowledge or involvement. [/FONT]

10. aalayah

aalayah Full Member

I wondered how long it would take for that to happen!! I cant imagine he would admit...