Fake nails/Nail salon....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xlilxonex, Jan 24, 2011.

1. xlilxonex

xlilxonex Banned

I am SO not a girly-girl. At all, so pretty much never got my nails or feet done or anything.... But I am wanting to get my nails/toes done for an event next week as I am wearing high heels and what not. But am NOT sure what to look for in a nail salon. I'm not sure what the terms are or if I have to ask for something specific but I love the fake nails with the white tips, but is it possible to get the white part in a different color? I would love to get it in black or silver.

How much do these things normally cost? I know different places will cost different amounts but on general? Anything I should look for or do's/don'ts with this stuff?

I was so not born to be a girly-girl haha. I can't even do makeup right half the time.

Thanks

2. Tduke

Tduke Senior Member

my nail tech at the salon i work at usually cost, 45 for gels and 30-35 for acrylic. They can do the white tip any color you want it. If you nail are a good length you could just get overlays, and a tip.

You need to make sure theyre clean that they don't use the same implement on the same people. Also. They shouldn't file on ur nail till it hurts or burns. it only needs to be a little rough for it to adhere.

3. xlilxonex

xlilxonex Banned

What's the difference between gels and acrylic? I used to grow my nails out but they're pretty short as it is for now.

4. Tduke

Tduke Senior Member

gels are a lot better on the nail, and acetone won't hurt them. Gels are a little more durable and won't break as easy. Acrylic....i don't like...Theyre not good

5. spinandslide

spinandslide Senior Member+

I get my nails done regularly..and my toes done..moreso in the summer though.

my place charges $22 for a pedicure and that includes your choice of color. my tech can do "painted on" white tips on your toes or pretty flower designs for $7 more.

for nails, the solar gel french tips (that is what the white tips are called) are $35 for a full set. get the solar gel..they wont turn funky colors. they should be able to do colored tips..Ive never gotten them though. I normally just get a full acyrlic set in color..which is $20. Acetone WILL ruin solar gel nails..it just takes a longer exposure then normal acrylic. I had solar gels for along time..but trying to save some money, so went to color.

cleanliness is important..do you have any friends that can reccomend a good salon to you?

6. xlilxonex

xlilxonex Banned

I would hope none of my friends could..... They're all guys haha!
    Thanks for the info. I'll look around my town and call a few places.

7. FarFromOver

FarFromOver Senior Member+

If you want the ends in a different color, I would just get acrylics and have them airbrush the color on. It's usually cheaper.

8. KatieRenee33

KatieRenee33 Senior Member+

I have acrylic nails and have NEVER had a problem..gels are way to expensive IMO. I usually always have the white tips but I have seen them in black, red, pink, purple..pretty much any color you want and they are usually air brushed.

To start out tho they will ask you if you want the white tips or the pale ones (this is the plastic nail that adds the length.) So if you want the black or silver tips, I would just go to the pale ones.

At my salon and at most salons in walmart to get a full set for the first time its around $23. After that to get them filled, colored/airbrushed, or cut down its about $14-16 :)

I love them, I'm not a girly girl either, but my natural nails look horrible. plus I dont keep my acrylic nails very long as it does KILL to catch them on something or break one lol

9. touchofdandy

touchofdandy Senior Member+

Anyone have a problem having the fake nails and working horses?? I wouldn't want long nails I keep mine cut down as it is lol

10. lilrider

lilrider Senior Member+

The OP is banned so I don't think she will be coming back