Fairy Tail Equines has 32 horses seized.

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by meljean, Feb 16, 2016.

1. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

A friend of mine bought two donkeys from her - poor things I wouldn't consider them a "purchase" when it came on the news the first thing she did is posted the link and said "finally something was done, this is the lady I saved my donkeys from"

They weren't very healthy when she first got them but they are thriving now. I'm glad something was done,

happygolucky, CoffeeBean and TLFC like this.
  2. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

3. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

I did notice that one caption needs to be corrected!

"Each horse currently requires about 50 bales of hay daily."

I'm very glad to read the following (because it's important to do so), "Veterinarian Dr. Bruce Sherman taking a blood sample from one of the seized horses."

I wish more prisoners were given the chance to care for animals - it's a better use of their time than lifting weights in the yard.

"Second Chance facility, which is located at the York Correctional Facility in Niantic."

4. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

5. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Well, they're now in better shape and they can't afford to keep them on the books forever it would be a good way for people to pick up a registered horse for a decent price. Not all of them are registered but I bet there are some really nice ones amongst the unregistered as well.

http://www.ct.gov/doag/lib/doag/inspection_regulation/2016/fairy_bios_update_1.pdf
    http://www.ct.gov/doag/lib/doag/inspection_regulation/2016/horse_auction_photos_compressed_.pdf

GooseIsLoose likes this.
  6. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

I spoke too soon it seems they are working through a rescue with the auction, bids accepted until June 1st and there's an application to go with your bids

DOAG: INFORMATION AND BID APPLICATION FOR CT DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE HORSE AUCTION

So it's not just showing up getting a number and watching them be run through a ring. Makes me feel a little better about it. I think the initial shock of "they were saved and now you're using them for funds!" Is what got me

The rescue: DOAG: Second Chance Animal Adoption Program

Seems it's at the corrections facility

7. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

More info comes to light, a friend of mine knows this trainer, and she has called out the DOA

Okay. I have been asked to post the... - Heather C. Hayes | Facebook

A couple of the horses effected in the seizure were trained by her I guess,

She has a gofundme set up, but I know I cannot post it, and has been actively trying to raise funds in other ways.

8. froglander

froglander Senior Member

For a "rescue" type situation, why are the stallions not being gelded?

9. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

I was wondering that myself

10. Lageniamclean

Lageniamclean Registered

My horses have good weight on them! I feel for these animals, horses will eat bark to get minerals and some vitamins . This was very sad, they eat bark but not like this I mean come on now