Ever experience this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Arem, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I took a nap this afternoon so I would be fresh for my soccer game, and I drifted off to a light sleep. I was dreaming, but sleeping lightly enough that I was still semi aware of surroundings and aware that I was dreaming. I dreamed that I was at work at someone was angry and picked up one of the tools and bashed me in the head with it.

And I felt the impact. Not in my dream, but it was like that feeling of suddenly falling when you’re drifting off to sleep. Except it was a jolt to my brain instead. As if I was actually hit. Startled me wide awake. I’ve felt totally fine and normal since. It’s just the weirdest thing I’ve ever experienced.

Anybody ever have anything like that happen?

Pony123 likes this.
  2. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

This happens whenever I try to sleep on planes. I'm fine if my head is against the window/wall, but if I'm just trying to sit and nap, I inevitably jolt awake with that falling feeling. It's the same thing, where I'm not in a deep sleep but enough to dream and have something happen in the dream where I'm falling. Other than planes, I'm usually out like a light, so don't have an issue with it!

Arem likes this.
  3. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I have very vivid dreams, I'll wake up and it was like I was really there, I have to orient myself that I'm home and that I wasn't really fighting zombies, or falling off a horse, or what ever the dream was. I tried to write down my dreams for a while and when I went back and read them, I was like W...T...H...is wrong with my brain. :rofl: :rofl:

Arem likes this.
  4. CupcakeCoquette

CupcakeCoquette Senior Member

All the time (well, maybe not ALL, but enough to know right away what you're talking about), and usually under the same circumstances - just drifting off, in that place halfway between awake and starting to dream, and whap! I'm awake AND I hurt and can't breathe because that just-went-to-sleep-woke-up-too-sharply does such a number on me (not to be confused with can't-breathe-because-sleep-paralysis, which I have also had and is just ugh ugh ugh no thank you).

I am also a member of the extremely vivid drams club, and there's been more than one occasion where something that happened while I was fully asleep and dreaming carried to when I woke up. The time I got shot in the head during an alien plague invasion and the same half felt weird nd hollow for a while after I came to is one that particularly stands out. @.@

5. Mcdreamer

Mcdreamer Senior Member

A few months ago I had a dream where I was physically in labor and about to give birth. Woke up to find myself having severe period cramps. It was the worst.

Arem likes this.
  6. lhoward

lhoward Senior Member

I have the most vivid of dreams. And I remember many of them even years later. I remember one I had as a kid, it was a re-occurring and strange dream.

I often have terrible dreams. Honestly, I should write horror stories from what I remember, but they would be to disturbing. I also have many dreams that feel much more like "memories" then dreams. They often have the same "feel" about them, like a particular time in history. Although I couldn't tell you when. Only that it is dark, desolate. Hopeless.

I've heard that people don't dream "in color". Um, I certainly do. I also oftentimes dream "lucid". Meaning, I know that I'm dreaming, in my dream. I remember one dream, I watched my horse run across the arena (of course in dreams nothing ever looks exactly like in real life). As I watched her run by I thought to myself , in my dream, well, she certainly is sorrel, I certainly dream this in color, so the people that say you can't are full of poop. Yes, I thought this to myself, in my dream...

I also feel pain. Certainly so. I have never been severely stabbed or cut up, but I often dream of having my hands sliced open, all over the inside of my hands. And I feel the pain, and its horrible. I also felt the pain as I was shot in my side in a dream. As I described that pain to someone I know that actually had been shot in his life, he said that this is what it felt like. I also felt how my legs just gave out, how nothing in my body worked right anymore.

Of course there are the dreams where you walk around in public, naked, and are very embarrassed. Or the dreams where teeth are crumbling and falling out.

I have often wished (still do) that there was a way to "shut off" dreams, I used to dread going to sleep , because I didn't want to dream. I would fight it. Cry as a child at bedtime. Sometimes a dream will stick with me through out the day, and I'm tired and worn out from it, as if I've lived the dream.

I know people that say they never dream. I was and am very envious about that.

My dreams are so vivid and realistic, tiring and at times terrifying, I wish I could turn them off forever !!! Even typing all this is making my mind rapidly recalling all these dreams that stuck out for some reason, many years old, they are literally burned into my memory.

What is wrong with me :(

Faster Horses and Arem like this.
  7. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I dream in color. I also said i should make movies based on my crazy dreams. Last night's was very vivid. And I'd like to forget it. Lol

lhoward and Arem like this.
  8. doublelranch

doublelranch Senior Member

I feel very real pain in my dreams and also dream in color. The horrifying ones usually wake me up terrified. Then I have to talk myself into reality but can't fall back asleep.

The ones that have stayed with me for years are about my grandparents. I had a dream I was standing in the kitchen when the phone rang. It was grandpa telling us grandma had passed away. The next day IRL, I was standing in the kitchen next to the phone when it rang. I froze remembering my dream. My mother got mad at me because I just gave her a blank stare. So she came over to answer it and got the news my grandmother had passed.

endurgirl likes this.
  9. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Ooooooooooh.

I feel like I’ve had moments like that, too. Except I never remember my dreams vividly enough to have anything but a vague impression.

10. doublelranch

doublelranch Senior Member

They feel more like a deja-vu when you can't remember your dream details. It just gets creepy when they help you 'foresee the future'.

endurgirl and Arem like this.