Eventing season

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Winchester, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

I love this thread! Super excited about "the season" coming up. I don't do recognized HTs, but I love doing the 1 Days, the Eventing Derbies and Hunter Paces around here :)

Doing Twin Rivers 1 Day Horse Trial in May! Gotta get legged up - our California winter has been horrendous so I've gotten barely ANY riding in (no covered arena)

Winchester likes this.
  2. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Good for you, Fancy! Please post photos when you do :D
    Ugh I hear ya. My biggest concern is getting Vesper fit, as my work schedule is mostly 12-15 hour days so unless I'm working a night shift, riding is limited to 1 or 2 days per week. I do have a part time leasor too though, which is a huge help for keeping her fit!

Fancy That likes this.
  3. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Ya, me too! I have a trainer work with her 1-2 days a week, and I ride at least once...but ideally twice. She is in my backyard though, so I see her (and her herdmates) twice a day!

We just don't have a covered arena and we've had SO MUCH RAIN this winter...... ah well....Spring is in the air!!!

4. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Ok, I did it - I picked my H/J "prep" show and my first horse trial!

H/J show is June 18, because no joke, that's the earliest we could do. I'm away 3 of the 4 weekends in May! Horse trial is Sept 1-3 which gives me lots of time to prep, because I'm likely doing another theatre performance this summer which really takes time away from training. That finishes up the weekend before the HT so hopefully it's enough time for me to switch back to Show Mode.

I'm moving to a new barn this coming weekend which has a track (excellent for conditioning, which we need waaayyy more of this year!) and is a 5 min trailer ride to the XC park... I expect to be there a lot this summer!

JKetsche, mooselady and Fancy That like this.
  5. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Awesome, Winchester!!! That will be great!

Speaking of eventing, I'm going to Rolex, like right now (my ride to the airport is arriving) YAY!!!!

JKetsche, mooselady and Winchester like this.
  6. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

New barn??!!!

I can send you a fitting up guide designed by Robin Hahn if you would like. It's pretty awesome and easy to do even if your time is limited.

Winchester likes this.
  7. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Is said guide online somewhere? I would love a copy if it is!

hamerface likes this.
  8. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Yes :cry: I was in a shared situation at the Heavenly Realm of Horse Riding and my co-boarder is moving, and I can't afford to stay there on my own unfortunately. Originally the BO said she had a horse she could put with Vesper, but it turns out Vesper just doesn't share well (I sort of knew that going in lol) and BO decided it wouldn't be a great idea after all. So I found a place that doesn't have all the bells and whistles but is really neat and in my price range haha. We may not have our own personal XC field anymore, or an indoor arena, but we have a track (my inner exercise rider is stoked) and the huge XC field I competed at last fall is a 5min trailer drive away!

Yes please! I was reading articles recently that had some good info but having a plan already built that I can tailor would be excellent.

9. CoopersPprScpr

CoopersPprScpr Senior Member

Me three!!

10. slc

slc Senior Member

Your boy jump a little bit on that ramp, LOL?