1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Eventing season

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Winchester, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

I love this thread! Super excited about "the season" coming up. I don't do recognized HTs, but I love doing the 1 Days, the Eventing Derbies and Hunter Paces around here :)

Doing Twin Rivers 1 Day Horse Trial in May! Gotta get legged up - our California winter has been horrendous so I've gotten barely ANY riding in (no covered arena)

Winchester likes this.
  2. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Good for you, Fancy! Please post photos when you do :D
    Ugh I hear ya. My biggest concern is getting Vesper fit, as my work schedule is mostly 12-15 hour days so unless I'm working a night shift, riding is limited to 1 or 2 days per week. I do have a part time leasor too though, which is a huge help for keeping her fit!

Fancy That likes this.
  3. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Ya, me too! I have a trainer work with her 1-2 days a week, and I ride at least once...but ideally twice. She is in my backyard though, so I see her (and her herdmates) twice a day!

We just don't have a covered arena and we've had SO MUCH RAIN this winter...... ah well....Spring is in the air!!!