1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Eventing season

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Winchester, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

@txgray Those jumps look huuuge! But oh Henny, my famous horse crush. He's like the Ryan Gosling of horses... Talented, famous, handsome and quirky :ROFLMAO:

Fancy That likes this.
  2. txgray

txgray Senior Member

I will let him know you said that! ;) After the show I was standing there talking to my trainer for a while and he started licking my face. Like a dog. He's so weird.

3. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

We do have Richland in August. If anyone wants to go this year, you'd be welcome to stay with me, I'll be driving for XC day and it's about 2 hours away. It's a pretty nice facility too! I was a working student/groom in 2010 for it, and got to meet so many people.

Maddy is not going this year because like an ill-behaved child I'm just not ready for her to embarrass me in public. It's a BUSY event, and even though she's come so far I imagine she'd really struggle there this year. More miles required!

4. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

@uncanny580 it only snowed the first weekend. :p

We have one in June and in September.

5. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Ohh ONLY lol.

At this rate I am never going to find a saddle that I like that fits my horse so who knows what the plan will end up being. lol.

Winchester and hamerface like this.
  6. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

@Winchester yep with Mischa. I'll let you know for sure.

I totally understand re: the truck. I have a trailer, but not a trailer I'd pull for 14 hours.

Isn't there a big fancy amazing event clinic coming up with that really amazing British guy I can't remember the name of?

Friesiangirl and Winchester like this.
  7. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Um WAT. I have not heard of this... But then again I am never in "The Loop" with equestrian things locally.

8. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Jimmy Wofford at MREC

Unless it's cancelled? Or gone by already.

Friesiangirl likes this.
  9. JKetsche

JKetsche Senior Member

If you can ride with Wofford's, do it. He is supposed to be amazing. I was so bummed when I had to scratch from a clinic with him a few years back.

Friesiangirl likes this.
  10. JKetsche

JKetsche Senior Member

Also, the competitor's party at Rebecca rocks. I ended up swing dancing with this guy and he flipped me! My coach thought I was some hotshot dancer when really I am a decent follow who had a really good lead. We cleared the floor. So much fun!

hamerface and Friesiangirl like this.