Eventing season

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Winchester, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Ah yes, in your case a coach is an excellent idea! I took my first horse (absolute pansy about any "weird" jumps) out schooling XC twice but I was too green and he was too scared of everything so we just bumped over a couple of itty bitty logs lol. Not a good combo to attempt anything bigger.

Hunter trials means no dressage? That sounds right up my alley baha.

I enjoy your blog on FB, especially the photos :) I love when people break down each ride and talk about strengths and obstacles.

2. JKetsche

JKetsche Senior Member

Just because eventing should stay at the top and for some inspiration . . . these were a few years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If any of you ever get a chance to go to Rebecca, DO IT. Also, do the long format. Best thing ever. And beautiful grounds as you can see . . . .

[​IMG]IMG_0552

3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Looks beautiful, any notions of eventing are many many years in the past, but will enjoy watching everyone's progress.

Alsosusieq2 and Friesiangirl like this.
  4. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

@JKetsche

Gorgeous! So much fun. Part of what I love about the day(S) of is just watching others go and admiring the rides.

Friesiangirl and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. txgray

txgray Senior Member

I really want to go to Rebecca someday! Too bad it's literally a 24 hour haul to get there for us. I wish they had two back to back weeks of showing, then I could justify a long haul like that. Really hard to do it for just one event though.

Henny and I did our first Prelim showjumping round yesterday. Just a schooing show, obviously, but I was super pleased with him. I need to do a better job of keeping his front end up to the base of the oxers, but we didn't die so yay for small victories.

Fancy That, Pony123, Nu5ha and 4 others like this.
  6. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

I love all these pictures! You two are definitely inspirations for me.

On the other end of the spectrum, Maddy was recent introduced to skinnies and bounces. Tiny tiny skinnies and bounces. :p We won't see any of those at this level yet, but I figured I may as well introduce them as she tends to really build up confidence thru seeing related things.

Winchester and mooselady like this.
  7. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

@txgray

The ladies that I ride with that go, they go down for about a week and a half total and camp with the horses and take a vacation around Rebecca. Although their haul is not nearly as long as yours is!

txgray likes this.
  8. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

@uncanny580

Come to our derby this year... :D but agreed Beaumont is a good starting course for the year. Last year at PE this big black log eliminated a TON of people. Lindsay Parkin had a bunch of photos from it. Just a log, so crazy.

I hope to do the fall MREC event this year. My coach is gung ho, and I don't blame her, it's a nice facility. My local event would be good too. It's a shame we're so far away @Winchester as there's a 3 day clinic before the event, and then the event. It would be worth your while I think.

The local course has beautiful Sandy footing all season, so it's definitely a good one to move up a level at. *wink* *wink* labour day weekend... Think about it.

Winchester likes this.
  9. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

No one else would be going :( And Didn't it snow in the last couple of years over the derby weekend? Lol.

I think I have jumped said black log. Everything super tiny I have jumped with zero issues. Go pony go!

10. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Oooo, are you bringing Mischa?! Please let me know if you end up doing it, even if I don't compete I would love to come watch you!

Ugh, temptations! The haul is just not feasible for us - we have a smaller truck which is great to tow locally, but a 14+ hour trip with it (up and down mountains) isn't something myself or my husband would be keen on.