Eventing season

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Winchester, Feb 14, 2017.

1. stephanie

stephanie Senior Member

I’ve had many events like that. Not very motivating:no:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Yikes! I'll be non weight-bearing for about 2 months, I can't fathom 5 :eek2: it's Nov 2 so at least it's through our winter when riding slows right down anyway.

mooselady likes this.
  3. stephanie

stephanie Senior Member

Mine is Nov 14. We are hoping for a month max off of it, but we’ll see:). I will be thinking of you!

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  4. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

20181010_165234.jpg 6 20181010_170337.jpg 20181010_170355.jpg

Photos of the pro photo prints

I should have bought digital.

5. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Great photos, Hamer! The background is stunning, with the changing leaves. That's not a thing we get here LOL.

Henry and I competed at Willow Draw this past weekend in the Open Training, and finally managed to finish on our dressage score of 32.1 (I'm about friggin tired of having rails, y'all) to end up 2nd! His dressage has come so far since the spring, this is the 4th show in a row now where he's been near the top after dressage instead mid or bottom of the pack. And that was even with a relatively big boo-boo when he added in a flying change at X just before our canter to trot transition (what, they don't want those at Training level? Pffft...).

The XC feels easy at this point, he's pretty point and shoot. And the stadium is, hopefully, finally trending in the right direction. We have one more recognized this fall and then maybe we'll play with some Prelim CT's again and get more XC schooling in.

WDProDressage.jpg
    WDProSJ.jpg
    WDProXC.jpg
    WDProSJ1.jpg
    WDProXC1.jpg
    WDProXC2.jpg

6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

@txgray - These are all gorgeous but that last one is frame-worthy.
    You two look really great, I love your colour combo and how everything matches without it being "in your face".

Alsosusieq2, mooselady and Circle C like this.
  7. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

You guys look awesome!
    I signed up for my first and probably only combined training event this year in 2wks. We've had so much rain that the other ones have gotten canceled and the mare that I was going to ride is out on an injury for a while. Anyway, I'm doing my first BN combined test. I want to wait until I have more experience and a braver horse to go XC but I figure a combined test is a good introduction to the level. I'm getting confused with the dressage test though, as they changed it from what I learned last year.

ginster, Alsosusieq2 and Winchester like this.
  8. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Jumper show today! Henry was super.
    SWHenryPrelim.jpg

ginster, Pony123 and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  9. CarlisleChipper

CarlisleChipper Senior Member+

Txgray I'm in texas too and my barn goes to willow draw. My horse is named Henry too! Maybe I can meet ya one day at a show ;) We will start the next eventing season! Maybe beginner novice.

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

That last photo is frame worthy, it looks like his mane was "styled" perfectly for the shot. Lovely.

ginster likes this.