Eventing season

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Winchester, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

What I wanna know.... how do you remember which order the jumps are? hahahaha

2. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

I have the opposite problem of you - looooooove ditches but hate benches.

I haven't been able to get out to even school cross country this year :( We are getting very bored in dressage land !

3. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

they're numbered but I definitely walk my course a lot.

mooselady likes this.
  4. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

I'll get you into that new Ryder jump... Especially if your other two move along.

uncanny580 likes this.
  5. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Keep circling until you find the next number :ROFLMAO: I'm embarrassed to admit that I did this last weekend in our first warm up round. I swear I've ridden a jumper course before... :blushing:

Circle C and mooselady like this.
  6. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Well the weekend is a wrap!

I finished fifth in my division of eight, off of our dressage score (it wasn't great) but to my mare's credit we havent done a dressage test or lesson in 3+ years. I am a tense hot mess with t-rex arms and that translates on to her not so beautifully.

Double Clear in stadium and XC. Stadium was ugly (again me) and muddy and she is a saint of a horse.

XC Was phenomenal, we could have taken that Entry course with the game face Mischa had on. She was eating up the ground like an event horse. A nice gallop and nice rateability. Bold, forward, and ready when I needed her to be. The professional photos will be available soon and then I will share.

A friend won 2nd in my division and my coworker and (kinda) friend won first. It was pretty awesome to see those two ladies on their PONIES clean house. :)

7. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Congrats Hamer!

hamerface likes this.
  8. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Henry and I have been schooling a lot of the Prelim stuff lately, especially the combinations. Maybe someday we'll be ready to make the move up. Or maybe not. I dunno. We're having fun though!

PrelimXC1.jpg

PrelimXC2.jpg

9. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

2 phase is coming up on Sunday... Fingers crossed for the rain to go away. Also fingers crossed that I actually learn my dressage test correctly this time :rofl:

At least the queen will look fetching in her new crown...
    IMG_20180910_155010_427.jpg

Something fun and glitzy I made. We've got a custom beaded browband on its way for the dressage bridle in our colours of purple/gold. It won't be here in time for this weekend, but should have arrived for our HT at the end of the month :love:

10. magic_rider

magic_rider Senior Member

Kanga and I did our first event last weekend. I did the 45cm class as neither of us have done XC before and it went really well. We got 70.6% in dressage (29.4 penalties), and picked up 0 penalties in the showjumping. We jumped clear in the XC although picked up 5.2 time penalties which was a shame because we would have come 1st if we'd been just a little faster. I was super happy with 2nd though and i knew the time was going to be hard to get, Kanga is not very fast and he's only got little legs!

I'm hoping the pro photographer got some good photos, I travel to shows alone so I don't have any.