Eventing season

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Winchester, Feb 14, 2017.

1. txgray

txgray Senior Member

First HT of the season in Texas! You know what that means - helmet cam.

TR318Water.jpg

2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cooldance::cooldance::applaud::applaud:
    That looks so fun!!!!!!!

txgray likes this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Congrats on a great XC! I love how well you can see that he pulls towards the jumps and he is clearly ready to go a while longer at the finish line.
    And his ears are the cutest! So focused on both the next jump and you as well.
    I really think he's going "wheeeee, fun!" internally the whole time.

txgray and froglander like this.
  4. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

I just have to say @txgray you look like a pro in all your gear.

I saw your IG photos the other day and meant to message you then. Compared to the first xc photos you posted. You've always been on point but this is a whole different level.

ginster likes this.
  5. txgray

txgray Senior Member

You know what would have been more pro? If I had remembered my friggin watch! Yeah, no joke, I totally forgot it. Luckily I have a pretty good feel for pace and it didn't matter (7 seconds under OT!) but geez louise. I need a show mom or something. Even at 34 I am incapable of remembering everything.

But I do live by the motto "if you can't BE good, LOOK good". Because lord knows we are not blowing anyone away with our talent! :rofl:

The dressage judge really loved my coordinated helmet and jacket, so there's a win. This is a message from a friend of mine:

[​IMG]

Too bad it didn't get me a better score. :help:

6. txgray

txgray Senior Member

I guess there's stadium too, if you're into that sort of thing. :sleep:

[​IMG]

7. CoopersPprScpr

CoopersPprScpr Senior Member

Man, you guys are awesome! Was that Training or Prelim? Back in the day, black was Training, but boy they've gotten tougher if so! A jump IN the water complex?? What a star he is! What was the fence you told him to Git? It was hard to tell in the video.

8. txgray

txgray Senior Member

It’s Training. I thought this one wasn’t as big as the one we did here last fall (that course seemed like big fence after big fence), but the new designer used more terrain and made some more technical questions. I liked it a lot, especially the combo with the jump in the water!

The one I told him to “git” to was a ditch brush with a very downhill sloped landing. The ground falls away pretty sharply on the back side so it kinda looks like they’re jumping off into nowhere. Honestly though he was more spooky about all the people/officials/ambulance that were flanking that fence. Lots to look at!

Friesiangirl likes this.
  9. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

This makes me want to go back to getting H/J lessons lol I just am terrible at riding english unless it's on the rail flat work in an AQHA HUS class *blush* lol

10. txgray

txgray Senior Member

We did our 2nd Prelim CT at a local schooling show last weekend. The dressage was definitely better than our first attempt, and we had a clear stadium round. Granted, only a handful of fences were set to height. Plus it was so windy that day they couldn't put up any of the gates and panels because they all just became airborne. :rofl: Texas. It's lovely.

STP2.jpg
    STP3.jpg

stephanie, ginster, mooselady and 4 others like this.