Eventing season

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Winchester, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

One of my biggest goals for 2017 is to compete in a full 3-phase (or 3 day) event. I rode my first 2-phase in September 2016 which was my introduction to eventing, and I want the "real deal" this year! My 2-phase was Entry level (or Beginner Novice for you Americans), and I have *tentatively* said that I want to ride Pre-training this year, but all of that will hugely depend on my confidence in the stadium ring.

I've just updated my calendar with all of the horse trials and H/J schooling shows that I could possibly attend from March through til October, so that I can visualize a training schedule and set myself some goals! Unfortunately attending a full 3-phase is pretty expensive, so I may not be able to attend the H/J shows as well. I was hoping to use those as "prep" shows to get my confidence up, but I'd rather pick the trials over the schooling shows if it's one or the other.

Ironically I'd rather jump bigger fences out on the XC course than in the stadium ring. We have an event field at my new barn which doesn't have big fences but has a bunch of different options and lots of space to practice. We also have a ginormous outdoor ring, which I have told myself means that I will be schooling 3'6" come the summer (ha ha ha hehhh...).

Regardless of how much competing actually happens this year, I love the planning part and am excited to have a few options to work towards :)

2. JKetsche

JKetsche Senior Member

Just to clarify, we don't call a three phase a three day event. It is a horse trial. The three day event is an FEI event.

Other than that, sounds awesome! Yay for goals, and keep us posted!

3. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Ahaha, #derp. One of the ones I'm looking at is held over 3 days sooo... :ROFLMAO:

Hey want to come and be my personal encourager/coach/conscience @JKetsche ?:D

mooselady and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. JKetsche

JKetsche Senior Member

If it weren't so far away, I totally would. If you pay travel expenses, I will! Otherwise I will happily provide the encouragement and conscience online!

Baylily, Alsosusieq2 and Winchester like this.
  5. JKetsche

JKetsche Senior Member

Also, which one(s) are you considering? In BC or are you considering going down to WA?

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

Absolutely excited! I have confirmed for a Hunter Trial. We're doing some flat and some field classes.

I hope to work up to N but if it's just a year of BN that's fine.

That reminds me... I need to do my paperwork for USEA.

My barn buddy events and was like "NO YOU CAN'T GO DO WESTERN YOU'RE COMING WITH ME" so I may end up grooming. We're going to Richland just to oogle, neither of us will compete there this year as far as I can figure.

Alsosusieq2 and Winchester like this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Great to have a goal, I'm expecting regular updates, with pictures.

8. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Can't wait for all of the pictures!

I am *tentatively* planning on doing an event or two this year...at pre-entry. If the weather is good enough, early enough I will more then likely get to the first one, which is at the most inviting course and see how that goes.

9. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Good luck, I think you'll have a blast! Definitely keep us updated here, I love reading about the adventures of other eventers.

Our season has already started down here in Texas - we're running Training.

PHTroyPro2.jpg
    PHramp2.jpg

10. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

hello yes i love your brown boots