Equiband, anyone seen this in action?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Dona Worry, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Oh, I (and probably my friend too!) was under the impression it was to separate bands around the legs. I didn't look into it very well obviously lol.

It markets itself as a tool for building topline and abdominal muscles, would you say it achieved that for you? Is it worth seeing if my mom can sew one?

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

So, was yours basically the same thing as this?

See, I can't really see Dona getting much out of this, much less getting her mare to tolerate it. Stranger things in heaven and earth though.. $200 for it!! Why not just work her on hills, trotting and backing up to increase muscle mass?

3. Alsosusieq2

Funny feeling Dona this isn't as simple as you think..

4. Alsosusieq2

Anyway, ima off to look up strange Australian flora..

*smh on gimmicky aides

5. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

It can’t be 2 separate bands - there’s nothing to attached them to at the back of the horse or under the middle of their belly. Lol I would watch the videos & read the website more.

It will do those things - just as using resistance bands would do for a human, but at the same time you cannot rely on them, and can over-use them or you can make the horse sore. One must learn to ride the horse correctly otherwise the horse will just loose everything once you stop, or there is no point to it. They can be great for rehab work though!

There isn’t much to sew - just the clips on a saddle pad. Then it’s finding the right length & tension of resistance bands and finding a way for them not to slip out of the clips. Positioning them properly and of course the introduction. Just know, you will have the bands rolling & curling unless you buy the actually equine ones.

Mine is the exact same set up. I use the same clips, attached to the saddle pad & everything. Just my bands are not their special equine ones, they are human ones. So they do curl and roll. If you read the website for the equine ones, you’ll see they played with human ones, but the rolling & curling was a big issue, which they rectified in theirs. I can see $200 for it. When you think about it, a regular old cheap saddle pad is like $50. This one is specialized & has the clips on it (again not super cheap - at least not around me). Then the research they have done & having specially made resistance bands. Plus, don’t underestimate the total LENGTH of resistance bands one needs to fit around a horse. $200 really isn’t that bad as a retail price.

Like I said, there’s a reason this hasn’t come near by neurotic anxious mare. I would never do that do her, and I have taught her to skijor!! So nope, I wouldn’t even bother on a mare like Dona’s. It’s also one of those things that is great to have & can make some nice impact, but one must still know how to ride well to reek the benefits/rewards of it.

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

That's what I was thinking. Dona really isn't riding.. Unless I missed something while in the hospital..

7. Alsosusieq2

I see what you're talking about though in costs. I myself used resistance bands, but for an equine it'd get pricy.

Oh, heck yeah on it being a no go for a mare like hers IMO.. I really wouldn't want to see that. Either that or get popcorn and sell tickets..Just kidding.

8. froglander

froglander Senior Member

Rhythm 'n Blues and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  9. Alsosusieq2

Yes, I've seen this also.

10. Alsosusieq2

No idea on that @froglander, I don't know anyone that's tried it.