Endurance!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by CheyAut, Aug 9, 2018.

1. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

I've always thought it would be something I'd like to do, but I've never done it. Well, that will change soon! My friend rides endurance on her mustangs, and one of them, she loans out for rides often. She's offered him to me in a ride in November, and I'm taking her up on it! I'm excited and a little nervous about the length LOL But at least riding her horse, it's just ME who needs to get conditioned haha, as her horse already is. I see longer rides in my near future! ;) And if I like it, I plan to work up my mare, Noel, to them. There's a 10 mile intro ride in December, and my mare and I have done 10 mile rides already with no problems, so I'll likely do that one with her. I'm excited! :D

heartland, ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I wouldn't even know where to begin to condition my horse or myself for a 10 mile ride lol

3. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Sounds like a blast! Dad, hubby, and I went on a ~12 mile ride in the mountains for hubby to get some pictures for work, it was awesome.

4. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

You'll have a blast . Endurance riders, as a whole, are really friendly people, love their horses...a little too Parelli-esque for me, tho.

When i did it, we were competitive, so didn't ramble along on the trail making friends, but if you find someone to tag along with, you'll make new friends. I did and i'm not very outgoing or talkative.

Are you using an endurance saddle? You'll definitely need padded stirrups to help your knees.

5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Neat, congratulations. You'll love it.

6. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

I'm assuming I"ll be using hers for the ride I"m borrowing the horse for, and yes it is. As for mine, I've been riding in an endurance saddle for years, it's my favorite, so comfy! :)

My friends/neighbors and I often do 10 mile rides, so that's not a big deal. 30, though... I may be a bit tired by the end HAHA

endurgirl likes this.
  7. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Yes you will!! Lol!! It's fun. I miss it, although i absolutely hated the pre-start shenanigans. Tacking up an excited horse, mounting an excited horse, trying to warm up an excited horse, and then trying to stand still for the start. Adrenaline rush!!!

CheyAut likes this.