Dunskin(?) WBxTB Gelding

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by MissCita, Apr 14, 2018.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I'm hoping you actually get “his“ papers because I can see a switcheroo being attempted due to wanting to get rid of a horse with a known medical problem which causes behavioral issues, rather than for the reason of just a behavioral issue. The issues you stated are not hard to fix. But that's my red flags blowing in the winds of experience showing.

tlwidener, GotaDunQH and Circle C like this.
  2. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

^^^That's crossed my mind too....

He's the most QH-sy WBx I've ever seen.. cute tho!

3. MissCita

MissCita Senior Member

As far as where I got him, I’m a coach/trainer and another coach that I know contacted me about him. He was stabled at the president of our regional Horse Trials Assosciations place and belonged to one of her students. He’s been checked out all over and vet records were released in full to me, so anything that he has would be a result of the vet missing it and not them hiding it! Yesterday was day 3 of oral meds and he was already much nicer/quieter. He had his first bit of body work and not too many things going on (at least compared to my last two) so I’m extremely doubtful of any kind of PSSM going on. Also another good ride. I am however suspicious of ulcers. It’s the one thing the vet mentioned that they never treated and he’s quiet.. but to me he worries a bit and I’m seeing some little things that say ulcers. So I will probably treat him for them. Once he’s going a bit more I’ll take some video!

My last horse was sold to me with known seasonal headshaking (after the season of course) came up the next year severely, nothing worked and he had to be put down. The beautiful pinto gelding I had/have before ended up with idiopathic ishemia and is now retired... this one definitely isn’t that screwed up. Regardless of his breeding he’s a nice little ride and I should be able to get him fixed up enough to do my ‘A’ level of Pony Club finally, then find him a good home.

NaeNae likes this.
  4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Was any genetic testing done?

Dakota328 likes this.
  5. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

And I have the Warmbloody QH .... :rofl: So, it's possible!! Wasn't there a member here who was breeding colorful TB's and WB's?

6. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I would run a bucket of KER Equisure thru him and see how he acts after that. I would also get a 5 panel done on him just to be safe. I know a horse trader that switches papers on horses quite regularly.