Dressage saddle pads...help ! Good retailers?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by BluemoonOKy, Aug 3, 2017.

1. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

I have an eous technical saddle pad that I really like. The store where I bought it is out of business. It is like a faux suede but helps the saddle not slip and stay in place. Plus, it's thicker. I wanted to order more but I found them for sale at horse loverz and equestrian collections, which both have bad reviews online and I haven't ordered from them...what brands and kinds of pads do you guys like to use.
    I am willing to look at other pads and brands and retailers. I need a thicker pad with good material. Please help me !

2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Check on Fenwick's saddle pads. Similar "faux suede" top but liquid titanium or bamboo for the horse. They are very high quality & they ensure the pads are breathable - which not all faux-suede pads are. The Anky ones are not very breathable, so I wouldn't go with those.

3. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Senior Member

Weatherbeeta makes a seemingly nice thick dressage pad, suede on the outside with a breathable mesh spine. Never used one but I've seen them in stores and they seem nice.

4. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

Have you tried acavallo? They are not super thick but they have this gel where the saddle goes built in, I've got the jumping ones works really well.
    Also got the husk pads the other day and I have to say they are fantastic.

5. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I got a couple of the same Eous pads from Horseloverz. I haven't had any issues with ordering from them, but I've also heard that other people have. You have to go by description and not photos is what I've found. Weatherbeeta and Anky make very similar pads.

I have really liked the Roma dry wick pads for every day pads and hacking out. I've gotten mine all on sale for under 30 bucks, and they're a good thickness imo, nice size, and do a decent wicking job.

I love my BOT pads, but they are on the pricey side. They do tend to increase sweating a bit, but my mare just goes so darn well in them and she doesn't seem to mind. They are very well made and a touch stiff, which is nice because they're a nice shape.

I also just ordered two Lemieux pads which I'm waiting on receiving, but I've heard very good things.

6. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

I've ordered from horse loverz a number of times, sometimes shipping takes longer then expected but I've never had any problems. They're localish to me so between their somewhat high shopping prices and state tax, I don't order from them often.

7. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

8. DelP

DelP Senior Member

I've got one of these and I use it as my backup pad. It is nice, easy to clean, and works well, but not as nice as my wool felt pad that is my primary.

My main concern is keeping my horse cool so I like the mesh spine and wicking qualities. It coming in purple doesn't hurt either :)