Dog Rescue / Adoption

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by Admin, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  2. arabgirl15

arabgirl15 Senior Member+

Sweet!!! It's great to help dogs that need it!

3. robsandcreek

robsandcreek Full Member

Ya I'll join if it costs no money:applaud: :horseon2:

4. TrailRiding555

TrailRiding555 Senior Member

Here's a website to help find adoptable pets:
    petfinder.com - search for local animals shelters with lists of animals to adopt! (pigs, HORSES, dogs, cats, ect)

Here's an awesome website to help cut down the pet population!:
    friendsofanimals.org - get low cost certificates to get your cat/ dog fixed!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  5. Clydesweiser

Clydesweiser Registered

Older Dogs

We just adopted an awesome old man pom (11) when his owner died. I think it's important to give the older ones a chance if you can. Because everyone wants a puppy and the others just get euthanized.

1 person likes this.
  6. nrhareiner

nrhareiner Senior Member+

Not around here. Most pounds will put down puppies before an older dog. That is why we pull pups quite fast.

7. littlecelticpony

littlecelticpony Senior Member

This will probably vary from region to region. I would second the notion of giving an aged dog or cat a chance, if you are able to do so. We have a specific fund set up to help lower the adoption fee on our senior pets, just for that reason alone.

8. nrhareiner

Some of the pounds do have lower prices for aged pets. However they will keep an older pet long then a puppy. Puppies cost more to keep the require more work and time to keep them and pounds just do not have the time money or personnel to keep them. I have has quite a few pups here that where part of bigger litters that we pulled b/c they where going to be put down. These litters have come from all over out stated and surrounding states.

Just had an email come through on wed from a pound that had about 10 pups. If no one pulled them by thurs. they where slated to be put down then the vet came end of the week.

9. EquestrianMafia

EquestrianMafia Registered

Here in Maine any dog goes. They don't care, which is honestly sad. But I have tons of friends including myself that helps rescue dogs and horses. :):horseon2:

10. nrhareiner

The more people who will foster dogs the more can be pulled. However most people I find talk a good game but done nothing. Most of the time I have between 8-11 fostest here. Down to 2 right now and really wish I could place the one. There are things going on over the next month or so that makes it hard to have a lot of dogs. We are digging feild tile up today which can be a big problem with the fencing.