Do you see oyster or pearl?

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by CJ, Nov 16, 2016.

1. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Her bio was short & pic didnt look like much but her build and esp video said Arab. I forwarded it to the BO and her rescue did the fundraising to bail her out and pick her up. Ive seen a pic from the QT barn and she was apparently worth the save. Gotta love when a sweet horse comes in for a soft landing! (y)
    [​IMG]
    Bay mare, 19yrs, 14h. This girl is very thin and was led through the sale ring.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    firegurl979 and Pony123 like this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

That horse is a train wreck. Conformation is just a mess, her front pasterns are so long it's scary - particularly the left. I have no idea on the colour.

p.s. edited added - some aspects are nice, her head etc but man look at her withers and back. Idk if it's just me today but I'd run from her. Yes, I know she desperately needs attention on her hooves.

ChestersMomma likes this.
  3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

That's not a Pearl~!!

Right hind pastern is totally dropped. She's 19 and swaybacked. If you wanted a pasture puff, you got one.

4. Alsosusieq2

Geez ..you're right about the right hind, saw them all and cringed at the pain she's either in or going to be in. Pasture puff material only and I just feel bad for her. She's unfortunately probably not going to have a long healthy life..idk but there are points to not taking on too much.

5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I bet a few months of good food and trimming she will look like a different horse!
    Good luck!

CJ likes this.
  6. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Shes underfed & overgrown (feet). Her video was the saving grace as her still pic did make her look built by committee. She has a home offer already, with a tiny pony for company.
    BO had a similar slightly better built arab mare from age 16 to 27 (or AHA says 32), so if this mare makes a condition comeback and doesnt have underlying issues she may be around for a while, long while.

7. peg4x4

peg4x4 Senior Member

Good food,plenty of water will make a lot of difference.. More pictures are needed :)

8. Alsosusieq2

Yeah, it will help. I see very bad problems because of her legs at her age, pain like hell for her. If you can afford to care for her and fork it out be my guest.

9. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Fwiw my free horse had leg conformation Much worse than that and was not in pain or on meds. Lightly usable even, all his life.
    She is standing under herself and that plus seriously long toes I think is exacerbating the pastern angles look.
    Only offsite pic I have so far has someone else in it. I plan to have eyes on myself tomorrow am.
    Just told BO we should plan on trying pjs/ blanket as temps are supposed to fall off 30* this weekend.

10. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

CJ, her pastern angles have NOTHING to do with the length of her feet. They're way ABOVE her feet and long and weak and her off hind ankle doesn't look good. And she's swaybacked. She's going to end up a 'very light riding only' horse. Like kids under 75lbs and walk trot for half an hour. Unless you want her hind ankles dropped to the ground, that is.

D_BaldStockings and lucky_pine like this.